• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I generally dont help out friends/family. It shits me at the next family party when they are first to the cake then whinge 3 days later on facebook how fat they feel.

Otherwise 4 days strength, cardio in between. Lots of compounds.

I generally dont help out friends/family. It shits me at the next family party when they are first to the cake then whinge 3 days later on facebook how fat they feel.

Otherwise 4 days strength, cardio in between. Lots of compounds.

Yep.

My mrs had a best friend that wanted diet advise. She got her onto myfitnesspal and counting calories.

End of day one friend rings up and says. I was so good, I stuck to my calories all day so I rewarded myself with a cheat pizza for dinner.

Yep.

My mrs had a best friend that wanted diet advise. She got her onto myfitnesspal and counting calories.

End of day one friend rings up and says. I was so good, I stuck to my calories all day so I rewarded myself with a cheat pizza for dinner.

Or they pick up the smokes again and come to a session wreaking of it.

Yep.

How ow old was she?

Did she go to Europe and pull the ripcord??
I think they call that the Heathrow Arse.

I trained my brother and a mate of his for about 6 months at my place. It was a hassle. They were late almost every time, and would sometimes message at the last minute saying they werent showing up, even tho I had thought out a unique session and set up all the weights for them.

They enjoyed the training, and lost 6-8kgs each, but I wouldnt do it again. Especially for free. Took up more time that I expected.

Did she go to Europe and pull the ripcord??
I think they call that the Heathrow Arse.

I trained my brother and a mate of his for about 6 months at my place. It was a hassle. They were late almost every time, and would sometimes message at the last minute saying they werent showing up, even tho I had thought out a unique session and set up all the weights for them.

They enjoyed the training, and lost 6-8kgs each, but I wouldnt do it again. Especially for free. Took up more time that I expected.

Yeah something like that, didn't put on heaps but enough...

Cheers everyone for the advice, I'll give it a go and see how it goes, I have been asked for advice in the past and generally given some, but she has trained with me a couple of times and seems pretty committed and likes the weights so will to give it a go and see if I can help, unlike someone who I have never seen lifts or exercise asking for advice...

Either way she will be richer for the experience, good for you.

And we have all experienced stops and starts.

Either way she will be richer for the experience, good for you.

And we have all experienced stops and starts.

Yeah I figure is she takes 1 thing away from it then she has gained something, she was going to the gym prior to her trip, not sure what she was doing then but she does have a little experience...

What about a pull / push workout twice a week (no, not of your man hood haha).

Use compound moves to hit lots of muscles in one shot and that way you won't have to spend too much time showing her the ropes (in case she turns out to be a time waster)

Start with the basics before moving into barbell squats, deadlifts etc... I like to start clients off with exercises that will allow them to learn movement patterns with light weights e.g. kettle bell squats to box, seated shoulder press with back support. Machines are also great for beginners as they require more isolated movements. Hope this helps :)

Start with the basics before moving into barbell squats, deadlifts etc... I like to start clients off with exercises that will allow them to learn movement patterns with light weights e.g. kettle bell squats to box, seated shoulder press with back support. Machines are also great for beginners as they require more isolated movements. Hope this helps :)

Youve got that all wrong sister.

you always, always - start with the basics.

barbell squat
deadlift
chin
dip
standing press

assess and go from there.

This is an old thread to bump, Jenny. You may as well tell us about yourself here. What is your background in your own sports and training, where do you work as a trainer and all that