• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Sydking

My chest area has the poorest blood circulation out of all the muscles in my body. Do you want to take a guess which muscles have the best blood circulation of all? That’s correct, my whole shoulder area from the neck all the way down to my front deltoids. Now in order for my muscles to grow, I first have to stimulate them with some intelligent training. Ok, granted I’ve done that, now what? Now I’ve got to supply these babies with the right nutrients so they can begin to grow. Here’s your answer: my blood supply to my chest was extremely poor, (the exact opposite of my shoulders). Poor circulation meant fewer nutrients could get delivered to my chest, which meant less recovery, (that’s what we’re talking about here remember) and less supercompensation after training, which actually made my chest smaller rather than bigger.

Enter the 100 REPS! Ah, not for growth mind you, not directly anyway. You see, this 100 reps are done with very light weights (hence no need for a gym trip, a 5kg d/bell or a 10kg barbell will do just fine thank you very much). This is NOT the 20+ rep squats I mentioned above. This here is serving a totally different purpose. What purpose? The purpose of increasing capillarisation in muscle tissues as well as increasing the capillary’s density. What does this mean to your precious muscles? Well it simply means that more oxygen and nutrient dense blood will be delivered to them. I can start a new thread here on how to add an inch onto your biceps or whatever body part is lagging behind, in one month flat. I’d be saying do your normal workout, eat like a horse and do a set of 50+ reps with very light weight at the end of your workout on that lagging bodypart. Then sit back and watch the magic take place!

i found this article on here, Sorry i coudlnet remember were so i just took the extract,

Any insight on this form the more advanced boys on here?

Are they saying high rep after work out, Or on rest days?

Has anyone actually proven this or tried it, Good Read none the less but if so i wouldnet mind incopertating a high rep circut set on rest days

First point, doing 'high reps' on a 'rest day' sorta doesn't make it a rest day now does it? Defeats the purpose of having a rest day if you are going to train on the 'rest day'.

Now that whole blood flow thing to the chest and supplying nutrients is not whole the body functions nor how it effects the transportation of nutrient to that area to grow. If you can't get a 'pump' in a certain area, I'd suggest you have some technique limitations and are not completely activating that muscle group.

Training even more is not going to help you, ensuring you are preforming the movement correctly and under the right load to maximise muscular hypertrophy is what is necessary.

Maybe try doing 'pre-exhaust' style training where you do the isolation movements first then followed by the compounds might be what will get you progressing. :)

Don't know you're situation, but maybe you're lifting too much for whatever exercise and not hitting the muscle correctly due to form issues. Maybe lowering the weight and concentrating on the muscle contraction might assist?

Ya man why not hit it up.After all what is a rest day?If you work or walk or even stand up the muscle is working against gravity so its not really resting is it.Its just doing less work.Also more reps = more capillaries which means more vasularity which means more blood flow and nutrience being pushed into the area.And if it doesnt work who cares at least you tried.Look into chris cormier's chest training he recommends starting all chest workouts with upper chest so you can expend the most energy into the stubborn upper chest area to get it to grow.Im sure you could find some advice from a pro somewhere on high reps for the chest.Maybe paul dillet he had mad chest vains tho that could have been from the "bolderone" he took.

Ya man why not hit it up.After all what is a rest day?If you work or walk or even stand up the muscle is working against gravity so its not really resting is it.
the idea of a rest day(s) is to recover properly, so that u dont burn out. walking around doing your everyday things isnt going to stop recovery.

i have no problem, And i only intend to do my begginer program every second day, and thats it for me, Just an intresting read that i wanted a little more insight on, Might try it out one day, I think the article mean do then after a work out.

The post is taken from Fadi's experience.... Fadi is a legend IMO...

It should be noted that the weight is very very light.... And the intention is to get the blood pumping in the affected area... And not to actually train the muslce...

From some of Fadi's other articles he would train heavy on the same lifts 3 times a week... If he got overly sore he would not reduce training rather he would add extra training as per the above... ie light x 100 reps to pump more blood through to improve muslce recovery on his rest days...

The Westside Barbell guys do something similar (Sumo on here also does a similar thing - check out his training log) where they will came in after their Max Effort days and do extra workouts for either their squat or bench - training the squat 2 days in a row and the bench 2 days in a row.

My chest area has the poorest blood circulation out of all the muscles in my body. Do you want to take a guess which muscles have the best blood circulation of all? That’s correct, my whole shoulder area from the neck all the way down to my front deltoids. Now in order for my muscles to grow, I first have to stimulate them with some intelligent training. Ok, granted I’ve done that, now what? Now I’ve got to supply these babies with the right nutrients so they can begin to grow. Here’s your answer: my blood supply to my chest was extremely poor, (the exact opposite of my shoulders). Poor circulation meant fewer nutrients could get delivered to my chest, which meant less recovery, (that’s what we’re talking about here remember) and less supercompensation after training, which actually made my chest smaller rather than bigger.

Enter the 100 REPS! Ah, not for growth mind you, not directly anyway. You see, this 100 reps are done with very light weights (hence no need for a gym trip, a 5kg d/bell or a 10kg barbell will do just fine thank you very much). This is NOT the 20+ rep squats I mentioned above. This here is serving a totally different purpose. What purpose? The purpose of increasing capillarisation in muscle tissues as well as increasing the capillary’s density. What does this mean to your precious muscles? Well it simply means that more oxygen and nutrient dense blood will be delivered to them. I can start a new thread here on how to add an inch onto your biceps or whatever body part is lagging behind, in one month flat. I’d be saying do your normal workout, eat like a horse and do a set of 50+ reps with very light weight at the end of your workout on that lagging bodypart. Then sit back and watch the magic take place!

i found this article on here, Sorry i coudlnet remember were so i just took the extract,

Any insight on this form the more advanced boys on here?

Are they saying high rep after work out, Or on rest days?

Has anyone actually proven this or tried it, Good Read none the less but if so i wouldnet mind incopertating a high rep circut set on rest days

Sounds interesting........