• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Training with my son

PTC

Max started lifting after I stopped lifting in November 2007. I was starting a new business and my head wasnt in the right place. I had some niggles so I figured a couple of months off would be good for me.

Those couple of months off lasted till June 2010. Meanwhile Max has deadlifted and powercleaned more weight than I ever did, at a much lighter body weight and much, much lower age.

Well today was the first time EVER that we trained side by side. He is a fair bit stronger than me currently, I'll do what I can for the old guys on here to catch him.

Howie and I train very different to the way my clients train in the evening, Max said he really enjoyed the session, it was something he'd never done before. He'll be training with us whenever he can.

I hope you guys get the oppurtunity to lift with your kids, its quite a special feeling.

I'm staying the f u c k away from Jesse though. I dont mind being weaker than a 75kg 18yo with National records, but I'll be f u c k e d if I'm going to let a 59kg 16yo outlift me. I watched him squat 100kg x 5, 105 x 3 and 110 x 1 yesterday, thats just 10kg off double bodyweight. He also did 20 perfect dips with a 10kg vest on. He is also the only guy in the gym to complete my chin challenge.

5 x narrow parallel grip chins
5 x rope chins
5 x ring chins
5 x wide grip chins

No rest between sets, dead hang between reps

He can train alone for all I care

Well done to you all & Lol at Jesse...

Also drag howie to the boards markos so we can suck his brain...

Very impressive markos you must be a proud man,

Not to turn this into a Talkshow , how do go keeping them out of trouble?

I have a 14yr old, he's a strong little fu# @er to , not in comparison too your boys , he's followed me with the boxing side of things ,@ 51kgs deads 105x3 and squats 75x3, he's had 14 fights won 11.

Because he's stronger and tougher than he's mates, its hard keeping that bloody ego in check,he's a good kid doesnt get in huge trouble , but sometimes his attitude can get him in trouble.

Just wondering if its been any sort of problem for you?

cheers

Should've trained harder when you were young, Markos. :p

I'm gonna give my future son(s) some big numbers to chase after!

Max and Jesse have not caused Nina or I one second of trouble. Neither boy has an ego or attitude that would land them in trouble, both have played sport from 6yo, we've had a dream run.

I doubt Howie will join Christian, he's not even working as a Naturopath anymore.

Max trains Jesse when he trains his clients on Mon-Wed-Fri. He just trains him the way I trained Max. Jesse is actually more explosive than Max, and leaner.

Should've trained harder when you were young, Markos. :p

I'm gonna give my future son(s) some big numbers to chase after!

You would think a 205kg squat, 165kg bench and 102.5kg MP would be enough lol

The only one he'll struggle with is the bench, he wont pass that for another couple of years lol, he'll do the squat well before he's 20 though, that shit is messed up

Markos, how does the way you and Howie train differ from how you train Max? Just curious.

I cant sit still when I train, I'm always having a go at guys for training too slow. In the end, I give up. The other night it took 4 guys one hour to do 5 work sets of squats, plus there warm ups.

The next day Max trained with Howie and I. We all used different weights on each set. We were pressing.

In an hour, we did 29 sets each. Thats with changing weights.

Thats how I always trained. I'm not in the gym to f u c k spiders.

They pay for there hour, if all they get done is 5 work sets, so be it. They have guys talking, piss farting around, sitting until the guy finishes his set, then checking what weight they have next, then they get the plates and load up, finally theyre lifting. I timed this, it took 2 minutes. Five guys, five sets, you do the math.

Its not the way I trained. Most think I'm cranky, they dont understand I do this to help them. In an hour, you should get your 5 work sets done, plus 2-3 assistance exercises of 3-4 sets each, easily.

Howie and I squatted today, we trained for 40 minutes, we did 13 sets each, Nina was training with us for half of it. We werent using maximum weights as were both starting back, but we dont **** around.

Max has had 3 weeks of iffy training due to being crook. He needs to up the volume, it wasnt happening with his group.

I'm glad he got to see what I keep harping on about.

I have some guys who will never be able to train like that. Fat Dave will take every warm up the guy before him takes. He may be squatting 160kg that night, and the other guy 100kg, but he's too f u c k i n g stupid to realise he doesnt need 40,50,55,60,70,80kg. By the time the guys finished, Dave hasnt done one single work set.

I have far too many lifters in the gym at one time to select every single warm up weight.

Then there are those who love to talk. One in particular always asks what next when he's work sets are done. I usually respond with f u c k off, your times up, the next group is in.

These guys all have well over 18 months training at PTC. I worry about everybody getting sick of me yelling at them to hurry up.

Sure sometimes they are in groups of 5, but if none sat down, or started up conversations, or were generally switched on, they would cream their workouts in time.

End rant.

Good luck at the Nats Simon, I may come watch.

Who the **** talks during training, piss off and let me lift. I am either too busy recovering or lifting to have a nice chat.

Mate, I agree. These guys pay their drachmas, its their time. If someone came up to talk to me during a session..........well they wouldnt lol

Get the work done first, talk after

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with Max

Haha, interesting rant Markos. I guess since they have a limited time of 1 hour, and are paying for it, that makes sense.

When I train, I pretty much take the longest time in history to do about 2-3 work sets, alot of wam-ups, alot of talking shit, and minimal assistance work :D But hey, I do what I have to to get stronger, and try and have some fun along the way.

Good to see your getting back into it.

the gym isn't a dayspa, nor is it a place to lick stamps and waste valuable time.

tell them to pull their fingers out, pussys.