• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Haha. That did come accross that way didnt it.

Anyone who knows myself and the wife know how big my pants are. :)

In truth, I look 10 years younger if I shave it off. Not a good look.

Tim.

Lol. Was just shit stirring.

Bill Kazmaier was a very good powerlifter but I wouldn't say that he was the best of all time.
Best strongman ever? Possibly.

His best total was 1100kg. This was in a squat suit & knee wraps with the bench and deadlift done raw at 120kg giving him a wilks of 632.39
Fedosienko just put up a 165kg bench, 270.5kg deadlift and has squatted 296kg in a suit and wraps in march this year for a pseudo total of 731kg at 58.2kg and a wilks of 641.75

I thought when everyone was referring to "Kaz" they meant our [MENTION=9034]kaz[/MENTION];

but she doesn't have a beard, or at least a visible one ;)

Bill Kazmaier was a very good powerlifter but I wouldn't say that he was the best of all time.
Best strongman ever? Possibly.

His best total was 1100kg. This was in a squat suit & knee wraps with the bench and deadlift done raw at 120kg giving him a wilks of 632.39
Fedosienko just put up a 165kg bench, 270.5kg deadlift and has squatted 296kg in a suit and wraps in march this year for a pseudo total of 731kg at 58.2kg and a wilks of 641.75

I just like him, and I like his work ethic.

Big fan of Kaz also actually(both kaz's. But in this case Bill). Great personality. Great presence in competition. Love watching the old strongman vids of him and Jon Pall battling it out.

Tim.

2- I don't know, I would say the opposite for the time being, I used to have dicky knees and a weak back, now they're both strong

this happens to my knees too. When I stop training for awhile they seem to get abit loose and the joint moves abit. I suspect the lifting trains the joint to move in the correct way and the tightness holds the joint together better.

That being said I'm pretty sure one of my knee joints is pinching from being worn down over the years.

Any repetitive movement is going to wear joints down over time. I just had a MRI on my knee and they said there was significant wearing at the back of the knee cap which is expected for anyone who has played sport for a long length of time.

My back especially feels better from lifting. It's probably a big part of the reason I got stuck into lifting.

so the takeaway from this is squat less, deadlift more?

I like having a beard, but unfortunately people assume you're either a powerlifter or a hipster (especially with a shaved head).

so the takeaway from this is squat less, deadlift more?

I like having a beard, but unfortunately people assume you're either a powerlifter or a hipster (especially with a shaved head).

where did you get that from?

My opinion is;
A beginner needs to pay his dues and spend time in the higher rep world building muscle and tendon strength and getting good at the three moves.

starting off doing 10's, 15's and 20's

then over time reducing the rep scheme to 5's, 3's before focusing on 1's

where did you get that from?

My opinion is;
A beginner needs to pay his dues and spend time in the higher rep world building muscle and tendon strength and getting good at the three moves.

starting off doing 10's, 15's and 20's

then over time reducing the rep scheme to 5's, 3's before focusing on 1's

Hell yeah

That said, it sure beats staying at home on the piss, watching telly or playing the xbox. I'm certain the joints won't like that over time, either. Probably worse.