• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Hi All,

First post, been a lurker for a while but settled in after realising that this is one of the best (if not the best) communities around for training and advice.

I'm a 33 y/o male looking to improve my overall fitness and strength so that i can join the police force and have been primarily focussed on bodyweight exercises and lots of running (I play soccer) up until 3 months ago. 3 months ago I decked out my garage with some cheap equipment and have begun a simple routine focussing on compound lifts until I get my confidence up.

Hopefully I wont bug you guys too much, but thank you for all your good content so far as its really set me on the path to improving my strength rather then just my stamina to date.

Hi All,

First post, been a lurker for a while but settled in after realising that this is one of the best (if not the best) communities around for training and advice.

I'm a 33 y/o male looking to improve my overall fitness and strength so that i can join the police force and have been primarily focussed on bodyweight exercises and lots of running (I play soccer) up until 3 months ago. 3 months ago I decked out my garage with some cheap equipment and have begun a simple routine focussing on compound lifts until I get my confidence up.

Hopefully I wont bug you guys too much, but thank you for all your good content so far as its really set me on the path to improving my strength rather then just my stamina to date.
Welcome champ.

Welcome aboard. It really is the best BB and Powerlifting forum around!!!
it certainly is. :D

Hi HarmReductionGirl and welcome to ausbb , why not introduce yourself to the forum , tell us who you are, goals and a bit about yourself

Include as much detail as you like when introducing yourself to the community. If you are stuck on what information to tell people, some suggestions are below:

- Name - BRODIE
- Age - 36
- Gender - Female
- Location - Central Coast of NSW

- Training experience (if you have any that is) I am just starting out after piling on weight the last few years due to a spinal fusion and giving up smoking. I have a rudimentary knowledge of what somethings are, but still a complete noob in some aspects, looking very forward to becoming more smarter. LOL.

- Any Interests - My main interest is with animals, Im a bit obsessed and I have three very spoilt bull terriers, and always a few strays at any given time lol. Second biggest interest is tattoos :) I love them and I love to put them all over me, sorry mummy. lol. I can't count the ones I have, but after 15 years of collecting random (albeit large) tattoos, I have finally started to covet real 'art' and I have got a beautiful sleeve 90 percent done and planning my other arm as we speak. Third interest is motorbikes :) I have grown up riding and only stopped after the spinal fusion as it needed two years to heal up properly and I'm in my third year now, so im thinking a new CBR1000rr would be nice. lol. I have done amateur racing at Easter Creek and had my own motorbike business and contributed to the first and only female motorcycling magazine to be in oz (A dismal failure, but not my fault hahhaha, publisher was a stoner I think)

It would also be a good idea to say why you joined Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding

I have been a lurker here and there and I joined because I needed to have a source of education on steroid use for my job in the Needle Syringe program, i was so busy doing that, I forgot that I actually do like to lift bro and the gym is my second home and maybe I could actually be part of the community, instead of someone who was just here to get something.

I am also interested in slowly getting my crap together and creating a better life.

Oh and people may have seen from other posts, I work for the Needle Syringe Program, and although I find that I can learn as much as I can tell others, I am always here to help with any of that kind of information when I can. harm Reduction is one of my favourite topics :)

Do you have any goals in mind? Are you looking to start training? Are you trying to gain or lose weight? Perhaps you are already an experienced trainer and are looking to share your experience with others?

My main aim was to lose weight as I stacked on 30 kg over the last few years. I was around 7-10kg underweight so I am trying to take off twenty kilos (13 down so far!) but I am more interested in lifting and gaining strength and definition than obsessing over the scales. My attitude shifts every day as to what my goals will be and how I will reach them. I am a work in progress hehehe. I am a 'skinny girl" so being the fat girl has been very hard for me and really done a number on my self esteem, but I am feeling it all coming back as the body changes and so i am determined to stick it out.

Phew, okay, I might shut up now, I am very chatty at times LOL!!!

Thanks for listening everyone

Last edited:
o/

- Name Nick
- Age 33 now :S
- Gender Male
- Location Mackay Qld
- Training experience (if you have any that is) Use to do a lot of strength based training, karate, wrestling, Ju Jitsu, surf boat rowing. Cut all that out 7 years ago and am only now getting back into it. About 35% BF so i got a LOT of work to do!
- Any Interests Computers! And working out

Welcome to the forum @Headley; @HarmReductionGirl; @milbot;
Admin here but please call me Graeme

I would like to welcome you to the Ausbb- Australian BodyBuilding Forums, Good to have you all on board. Don't forget to start your own Training Diary. Your Training Diary will help you stay motivated and keep track of your progress. When you train alone sometimes it is hard to get help, guidance, inspirtation and motivation which is where the Ausbb forums and the Ausbb Training Diaries will help you with finding others with similar stats and allow you to interact with each other.

* Click here to start your own training log (don't forget to put a link in your signature to your training diary).
* Once you have started your Training diary click here to add it to the lists (order by weight and order by age) this helps other guys find your log

- Name Sam
- Age 28
- Gender Male
- Location Sydney
- Training experience (if you have any that is) Been training for the past 9 or so months, mostly focused on losing weight (BF% is now down to 21%). Focus is now shifting more towards putting on a decent amount of muscle.
- Any Interests Almost anything outdoors, Mountain Biking, 4wding, most forms of motorsport etc.

Hi All,

welcome on board , good to have you on the forums and thank you for the kind words , it is the great members of Ausbb - Australian Bodybuilding that make this place what it is , everyone brings something to the table and we can all learn off each other

and please don't worry about bugging us , this what the forum is here for , ask as many questions as you want

Thanks Graeme!

I have been a long time internet forum participant but i hate to admit i only found this forum 2 hours ago :eek:

Looks like a great forum for exchanging info on plans, routines and everything to do with body building

Thanks Graeme and others for the welcome.

I've set myself some clear goals over the next 12 months and hopefully you guys can help. When I get home tonight I'll try to compile a list of questions and will get cracking in other parts of the site.

Thanks again!

Hi everybody!

- Name Oliver
- Age 29.1553
- Gender Male
- Location Sydney
- Training experience Been training on-and-off since I was about 17 with varying success. Never did much competitive sports but did Karate when I was young, and then quite a lot of indoor/outdoor rock climbing/bouldering from about 17. Been less active in recent years but decided to turn that around near the end of last year. Been doing a lot of cycling too, when the weather isn't too cold.
- Any Interests Maths, photography, cycling, rock climbing/bouldering, computers, sci-fi, and gym (obviously).

I joined AusBB because I've been reading for a while now and I think the people here are generally a lot friendlier and like-minded than on some other forums.

Short-term goal is to build as much muscle as I can until October, then cut from about 20% (current) to 10% (or lower, if possible) for my wedding/honeymoon in March.

Long-term goal is to stay as lean as possible and continue building strength and muscle.

afternoon guys!

Name is Alex.

been training on and off since 17 years, now 25. gotta get back into it! oooking to read up here hah!

Hey everyone,

I'm Josh and have been training in various forms since I was 15, mostly martial arts to begin with, I trained Judo until about 17 then Boxing to about 22 and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu on and off until about 30.

Over the last few years during my BJJ (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu) training, I began learning the Olympic Lifts in an attempt to gain better core strength. I found the lifts a real challenge and started to enjoy it more than BJJ so I stopped BJJ and have only been lifting for the last year or so. Needless to say my strength has increased, Oly lifts are addictive and produce amazing results.

I also quite like endurance events such as Triathlons (I'm a poor swimmer), medium to long distance trail and pavement running, and obstacle racing events like Tough Mudder and Spartan Race Etc.

I have joined this forum to gain knowledge, hopefully some friends along the way and share some of what I have learnt over the years with others. I feel I have developed a good understanding of the mental 'game' when it comes to self progression. Any questions on this feel free to ask.

Thanks and sorry for the long intro.
HN

Hi all,

Seems like everyone's doing it so...

From Melbourne, been hitting the gym on and off for 10 years. Mostly in my early 20's. Was always strong (relatively) but never saw much mass gain. Turns out you gotta eat!

Mostly interested in keeping some athleticism and growing stronger and a little bigger as I grow older :mad:

Played ball, football and martial arts until recently. Needed something to do so got back into the gym.

Came to the forum because I'm looking to build my own gym. Some of the American forums just made me jealous, either because of the prices and/or the variety. Don't think they know how good they have it regarding workout equipment! Anyway, might see some of you in the equipment forum.

Cheers