• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
i didn't write this , not saying you should do it , but am just passing on information

taken from http://backtoherroots.com/2013/03/25/homemade-protein-powder-its-cheap-its-easy/

[h=3]WANT TO MAKE YOUR OWN? HERE’S THE BREAK DOWN:[/h]
  • 1/3 cup steel cut oats
  • 1/3 cup brown rice
  • 1 cup dried green lentils
IMG_3955.jpg

The nutritional info isn’t quite as high in protein as your standard off-the-shelf protein powder, but it’s still pretty amazing, especially considering the low price tag and the low number of ingredients. Because of the carb-y nature of the oats and rice, it’s higher in carbs that store-bought powder, too, but I’m a big fan of whole grain, natural carbs, so I’m good with it! And, of course, you can play with the ratios to up the protein even more (more lentils) and reduce the carbs (less steel cut oats and rice). You could also try other protein-tastic add-ins, like dried soybeans or dired black beans. I just always have lentils kicking around, so it was a good fit for our lifestyle.
Here’s the comparision between my homemade protein powder and my typical off-the-shelf protein powder.
[h=3]HOMEMADE PROTEIN POWDER (PER 1/4 CUP OF POWDER)[/h]
  • 130 calories
  • 8g protein
  • 1g fat
  • 24g carbs
Ingredients: Lentils, Brown Rice, Steel Cut Oats

My oats have to be steel cut oats. If they're not steel cut oats they're not oats and you get no gainz. Steel cut oats are so much better. You guys should try steel cut oats. Steel cut oats steel cut oats steel cut oats.

My oats have to be steel cut oats. If they're not steel cut oats they're not oats and you get no gainz. Steel cut oats are so much better. You guys should try steel cut oats. Steel cut oats steel cut oats steel cut oats.
Why not iron squashed oats?