• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
If I want to compete in powerlifting how big does my beard have to be and how wide should I carry my invisible suitcases?

my deadlift sucked arse until I learnt how to do it properly, not a powerlifter though - my beard is too short

If you're built to deadlift then you'll get it much quicker
I bet you "got" squats fairly fast in that case Bozodos
Most women are built to deadlift

BTW you still haven't been to the PL clubs in Mildura, if you're serious about this you need to sort that out

Tbh I'm not sure if I want to compete or not or even which fed, which is why I haven't hit up powerlifting mildura, yes low bar squatting came fairly naturally, I'd say genetics were on my side there

Tbh I'm not sure if I want to compete or not or even which fed, which is why I haven't hit up powerlifting mildura, yes low bar squatting came fairly naturally, I'd say genetics were on my side there

Have a look at different Fed records around your weight/age class and see if any are within reach.

I hold many records but it doesn't mean shit because in the same gym as me there is a guy that squats 60kg more than me and deadlifts 15kg more than me in the same weight class

I hold many records but it doesn't mean shit because in the same gym as me there is a guy that squats 60kg more than me and deadlifts 15kg more than me in the same weight class

I agree. My Oceania bench record doesn't mean shit to me until I have the Aussie record.

powerlifting records seem to be mostly irrelevant unless you're in SHW or 93kg classes from what I can see.

GPC is the most compelling fed out of the 3, but there's not presence locally, so that rules it out. I like the judging and squat style of IPF, but not the drug testing and lack of knee wraps for raw lifting, but they are the only one that has an actual local club.

for now I'll keep doing my thing at the commercial gym.

Haha thread necro. Ended up competing once in PA, since then other sports have proven far more interesting than competitive powerlifting. Maybe if I was in a city and training for comps with 30 other people and a dedicated coach it might be more interesting / fun.

PL'ers seem to have fairly fragile egos, at least online.