• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
M

MegaA

Anybody have a idea what a average level of testosterone in the male body should be ? Have you ever come across a table of average testosterone levels by age ?

Don’t worry about average as long as you’re in the healthy range.

I am definitely in the healthy range but my thinking was the higher in the range the more advantageous it would be (i.e. easier to gain muscle, higher metabolism, greater fat burning etc). Correct assumption you reckon or erroneous ?

I am definitely in the healthy range but my thinking was the higher in the range the more advantageous it would be (i.e. easier to gain muscle, higher metabolism, greater fat burning etc). Correct assumption you reckon or erroneous ?

It’s a moot point really because if you’re in the normal range you won’t get TRT.
So, illegally obtained steroids is your only option.

Last edited:

Not necessarily correct, here's why. Testosterone is only one anabolic hormone in the body, meaning if your test levels were completely crashed you can still have an awesome physique from high HGH/Slin levels.

Also for pure anabolic activity you want higher free test levels with a descent amount of DHT for its benefits.

For fat burning you probably want estrogen on the lower end of the scale.

Had huge amount of DHT - probably more so than 95 per cent of the population - which I now know why it was so easy for me to gain muscle! Thanks for your reply.

Had huge amount of DHT - probably more so than 95 per cent of the population - which I now know why it was so easy for me to gain muscle! Thanks for your reply.

How do you know you had DHT levels higher than 95% of the population?

Your over looking all the other anabolic means that allow you to build muscle, and your only emphasising DHT. You really don't know what is doing what inside your body. Most people are just playing guessing games thinking that oh yeah this must be doing that, when in fact it may be something completely different thats giving the desired results.

"How do you know you had DHT levels higher than 95% of the population?"

Had other indicators of very high dht levels such as extreme alopecia from a very young age.

"You really don't know what is doing what inside your body. Most people are just playing guessing games thinking that oh yeah this must be doing that, when in fact it may be something completely different thats giving the desired results."

Sheesh man have a coffee (or protein shake ) and relax - i'm only going by what the other guy said - one of the above posts said for anabolic activity you need elevated dht levels, i knew I had extreme dht therefore made sense that, that was a predominant factor !!! Anyway why am i justifying myself ????

"How do you know you had DHT levels higher than 95% of the population?"

Had other indicators of very high dht levels such as extreme alopecia from a very young age.

Fair enough.

"You really don't know what is doing what inside your body. Most people are just playing guessing games thinking that oh yeah this must be doing that, when in fact it may be something completely different thats giving the desired results."

Sheesh man have a coffee (or protein shake ) and relax - i'm only going by what the other guy said - one of the above posts said for anabolic activity you need elevated dht levels, i knew I had extreme dht therefore made sense that, that was a predominant factor !!! Anyway why am i justifying myself ????

Fair enough. I've already had a coffee so i'm not having another coffee, but thanks for the offer.

Your justifying yourself because your answering a question:) When someone asks a question usually the other person will reply with an answer, this is known as a conversation.