• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Saying it worked then on humans is a big stretch. A couple of rat studies from 70 years ago doesn't mean it worked then or now.

It's essentially meat in pill form. Expensive protein.

Obviously not. No study ever proves anything to you, healthy eating is BS, etc etc.

What references do you have for any of your claims???

You are a never ending source of amusement.

I'm not really sure what the two of you are arguing about. Both of you have agreed that it's a source of protein/vitamins and both of you don't believe it will have the effect of steroids.

Did I miss something?

I think they're a good idea, I can't stand eating cooked liver, the texture/flavour is horrendous. Props for the pills.

A nutrient breakdown would be an interesting read Mick.

Obviously not. No study ever proves anything to you, healthy eating is BS, etc etc.

What references do you have for any of your claims???

You are a never ending source of amusement.

Mick it takes more than one study to prove anything and studies on rats don't prove something on humans.

What do you think these tablets will do. What are the claims? You were the one that said they were the most useful supplement or something like that.

I reckon you should pump the breaks Bazza20, a tad.

Just let the boy take his liver and he can then report back.

Mick it takes more than one study to prove anything and studies on rats don't prove something on humans.

What do you think these tablets will do. What are the claims? You were the one that said they were the most useful supplement or something like that.

The tablets will provide me with aminos, vitamins and minerals in a concentrated form without consuming additional calories while cutting (losing body fat).

As mentioned earlier liver is one of the most nutrient rich foods out there, and nutrients is what our bodies need to recover from training and to grow and develop. Liver is one of the original body building supplements that has been used for decades.

I remember liver being the creatine of the 70's and 80's. Then all the fancy supplements and stimulants came onto the market.

Back in the day staple supplements were liver tablets, egg protein powder and wpi/wpc protein powder, all of which are basically concentrated food sources.

FML.

You just have to argue about every fucking thing?? Don't some cows need milking or something.

Seriously.

There is 14 calories in a serve, it will hardly slow down my weight loss in any significant way when I start my cut.

I remember Liver being big in the 80s and early 90s then disappeared from the radar.

I took them. I remember them being really hard to swallow. They were big and foul tasting.
Coated them in Nutella. hahahaha

I haven't been able to get them into the country for ages now. No one will ship. Though Animal Pak which contains it can still get in.

I remember Liver being big in the 80s and early 90s then disappeared from the radar.

Still trying to work out why this happened. May be it seems too simple and people want more 'fancy' and 'scientific' supplements.

It also seems hard to get in Australia, almost impossible if you read my OP, this is really how I got my three months worth of liver tablets, buying off some guy at the back of a fast food shop. Like a bloody drug deal.

Overseas seller will generally not post to Australia either.

Not sure if it has anything to do with mad cow disease or other customs regulations, or if it has just gone out of fashion. Done a lot of reading on this recently and have not read a single bad review on liver supplements or the real thing (fresh liver) for that matter, but I hate liver, hate the taste and texture, and yes I have eaten it in the past, as my old man used to make it for dinner when I was a kid and a teenager living at home.

Will investigate further as to why it is not really available any more when I get some spare time. On holidays at the moment, been in the Gold coast for the last week, heading to Sydney next week to pick up my motorbike and some more gym equipment.

I took them. I remember them being really hard to swallow. They were big and foul tasting.

Will report back on taste, read reviews of people, chewing them:eek:

Won't be taking them till I start my cut, end of July or early August.

I haven't been able to get them into the country for ages now. No one will ship. Though Animal Pak which contains it can still get in.

The ones I bought are Universal Nutrition Liver tablets. Same people that make Animal Pak, never tried Animal Pak, so not sure what is in it or even what it is all about.

FML.

You just have to argue about every fucking thing?? Don't some cows need milking or something.

Seriously.

There is 14 calories in a serve, it will hardly slow down my weight loss in any significant way when I start my cut.

So why say no additional calories when It clearly contains calories? Didn't you say 250 tablets is a months supply. So ends up being over 100 calories a day.

Awesome insult by the way and Milking is done. Lol.

Will report back on taste, read reviews of people, chewing them:eek:

Won't be taking them till I start my cut, end of July or early August.

The ones I bought are Universal Nutrition Liver tablets. Same people that make Animal Pak, never tried Animal Pak, so not sure what is in it or even what it is all about.

Yep Uni liver were the ones I took. big fuckers taste like shit. Just swallow them. I was taking about 9 a day. Animal Pak is just multi vitamin. 12 tablets per pak. 1 I am pretty sure is a uni liver tablet.

Fuck this is frustrating Lol

Mick, it was pulled from the shelves because people got sick (food poisoning) that is all, no conspiracy.

It's a liver tablet FFS.

So why say no additional calories when It clearly contains calories? Didn't you say 250 tablets is a months supply. So ends up being over 100 calories a day.

Awesome insult by the way and Milking is done. Lol.

250 tablets can be a months supply or two months depending on how you take them, a serving is two tablets, so 125 servings in a bottle.

Recommended is a serving with every meal ie 3 servings per day. So it will add 14 calories to my meal. If taken as suggested by the manufacturer. Not a deal breaker. And yes the bottle will last longer than a month, however you can also increase the dosage and take up to 2, 3 or even 4 servings with each meal (not my intend at this stage)

Fuck this is frustrating Lol

Mick, it was pulled from the shelves because people got sick (food poisoning) that is all, no conspiracy.

It's a liver tablet FFS.

Any links to past news reports or similar about people getting sick??

Thought it might have had something to do with import restrictions (animal product) or mad cows disease.

I wonder if people got sick from having the product out of date or storing it incorrectly.

Any links to past news reports or similar about people getting sick??

Thought it might have had something to do with import restrictions (animal product) or mad cows disease.

I wonder if people got sick from having the product out of date or storing it incorrectly.

Dunno Micheal, just remember it, the company that produced the product went out of business as a result.

I knew they were big tabs, bigger than a multi-vitamin. Sounds like you were buying the suppository ones?