• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
"For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error."

^^The above is something you'd be used to Stiffy, all those late night homosexual park encounters;)

Grew up in a catholic family and went to catholic school. Stopped believing in that about the same time I worked out the Easter bunny wasn’t real, I was 26 for those wondering.

Just to clarify, Atheism is not a belief in any way shape or form, it's non belief in a god or gods.
There is no faith involved since faith in this context means belief without evidence.

You are 100% correct. However, that does not mean it's not a religion with a belief system. Being an atheist means that you don't believe in a god, but there will be belief in something else (such as evolution some other explanation for life), hence my comment which may have caused some confusion.

Grew up in a catholic family and went to catholic school. Stopped believing in that about the same time I worked out the Easter bunny wasn’t real, I was 26 for those wondering.

I still remember the look of pure hatred I got from my school teacher around the time I was 6 or 7 when I announced to the entire class that Santa wasn't real.

I could never figure out what adults thought it was a good, even necessary, thing to lie to children. I mean, they are going to find out one way or another, then what?

It's like throwing a birthday party for a 1 year old. Its all for the benefit of parents. The baby just wants to take a dump in its pants and suck on a boob.

You are 100% correct. However, that does not mean it's not a religion with a belief system. Being an atheist means that you don't believe in a god, but there will be belief in something else (such as evolution some other explanation for life), hence my comment which may have caused some confusion.
Evolution is not a beleif, there's undeniable evidence of it.

Believing in the existence of a God and following organised religion is not even remotely close to the same thing.

Organised religion was and is about control, being spiritual is about controlling yourself.

It's possible to live your life holding yourself to account in order to achieve peace within and without being remotely religious, only animals act on instinct with no concept of consequence.

Yes
Although I'll contend that Jesus was a pretty cool guy that doesn't afraid of anything

I would say that there is undeniable evidence of a God
The bit where it comes to "faith" is when it comes to morality. Sam Harris is actually trying to figure out how to set morality in stone as an atheist, and I quite like his work on this

Bazza were you really 26 when you figured out the Easter Bunny wasn't real?

I still remember the look of pure hatred I got from my school teacher around the time I was 6 or 7 when I announced to the entire class that Santa wasn't real.

I could never figure out what adults thought it was a good, even necessary, thing to lie to children. I mean, they are going to find out one way or another, then what?

It's like throwing a birthday party for a 1 year old. Its all for the benefit of parents. The baby just wants to take a dump in its pants and suck on a boob.

Thanks a lot!! I always thought Santa was real until now, you asshole!!

First Bazza tells me the Easter Bunny isn't real and now you tell me that Santa Clause isn't real, this is the worst day of my life!!:(:(:(

I was an atheist growing up, actually more of an anti-theist, I hated Christians and anything to do with religion. By my early twenties I was suffering depression with manic episodes and suicide was my way out.......so I thought. I was at a stage of giving up and the oldies had a Bible lying around so I started to flip few some pages and I dunno what really happened but I just got on my knees and broke down asking this God I didn't believe in to make himself real to me if in fact he were real.
Now I guess I had a God moment, was just out of this word, just a peace washed over me. I'd been battling mental illness for a number of years and I hadn't experienced anything like this before and it was like the weight of the world had been lifted off my shoulders. Can't really explain it. Anyway within 6 months I was off my medication and been free from depression for the last 18 years now. Maybe I went from one mental illness to another according to some atheists but I'll gladly take the second one.
I still despise a lot of what the Church has become, we've wandered far off from Jesus teachings and traded it for power and our own greed, Coming from an atheistic background I still had a tonne of questions, I still have a lot of questions and I keep asking and seeking and I try and live out the 2 commandments the best I can but I still screw up a lot but getting better. No different to lifting really, you take small steps to where you want to be.

You used god as an excuse when you would have got over your problems without him. If you were a real man you wouldn't have too lower yourself into believing in things that don't exist.

You used god as an excuse when you would have got over your problems without him. If you were a real man you wouldn't have too lower yourself into believing in things that don't exist.

What has being a real Man got to do with religious beliefs? We could say if you were a real Man you wouldn't take Steroids or brown nose the Manager/Moderator!

What has being a real Man got to do with religious beliefs? We could say if you were a real Man you wouldn't take Steroids or brown nose the Manager/Moderator!

Religious people are religious in the first place because they are weak, this is what drives them to religion. If you are strong and mature then you don't need any religion because you are a real man, understand.

I don't take Steroids or brown nose anyone, once again your sticking your nose where its not needed and your thinking up stories in your mind.

Evolution is a belief. It's based on faith that things happened exactly (or close to) what the science community (the clergy) present as truth.

I'm not saying that creationism is true, any more than I'm saying that the Dreamtime happened. People believe in all of those, just as fervently as an evolutionist has their belief.

What I am saying is that the "facts" presented to support evolution are no different, in effect, than any other belief system.

For example, evolution follows the theory (roughly, not trying to be perfectly accurate here) that life appeared on earth in a certain progression. The cooling earth formed an atmosphere, oceans and dry land. Life began with very simple forms in the oceans, then dry land with algae/plants/bacteria, then larger and more complex life such as birds, reptiles and mammals. Finally humans came along.

This is EXACTLY the progression simply described in the first chapter of Genesis. It may also, possibly, be described in other religious books, not that it matters.

The point I'm trying to make here is that the information presented by science supports the creation account.

Of course, that's kinda embarrassing so we don't talk about that.

Just saying that there is "undeniable evidence" is a blanket statement that anyone of any belief system can claim. It's no different than belief in Greek gods, Hindu gods, Catholics, Muslims and cults. Everyone believes fervently in the "undeniable evidence" of their faith.

The point I'm trying to make here, if I can simplify this even more, is that your belief in evolution is a matter of faith, not undeniable facts, despite what the pro-evolution clergy may say. Everyone nation down through the ages has believed that they have "the truth". Today is no different.

they more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie, since they themselves often tell small lies in little matters but would be ashamed to resort to large-scale falsehoods.It would never come into their heads to fabricate colossal untruths, and they would not believe that others could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously. Even though the facts which prove this to be so may be brought clearly to their minds, they will still doubt and waver and will continue to think that there may be some other explanation. For the grossly impudent lie always leaves traces behind it, even after it has been nailed down, a fact which is known to all expert liars in this world and to all who conspire together in the art of lying.
— Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, vol. I, ch. X

I can guarantee that within the next 100 years discoveries will be made that will blow the lid off the theory of evolution
In the last 100 years there have already been several discoveries that have blown the metaphorical lid already. Dawkins book The Selfish Gene from 1976 is already "out of date" :)

Dear [you]

The advent of this thread has brought about an immense amount of soul searching on my behalf and I have reached a turning point in my life.

It’s so painfully obvious to me now that my lack of faith is the root of my problems. But I have been saved and want to spread the word; I hope that you can share in the blissful savior I have found. I love all of you so much, I want you to benefit from my new faith.

So, please take a moment to share in my redemption and go to the website below and rejoice in the truth.

www.venganza.org

Peace and noodles,

showdownhero

Dear [you]

The advent of this thread has brought about an immense amount of soul searching on my behalf and I have reached a turning point in my life.

It’s so painfully obvious to me now that my lack of faith is the root of my problems. But I have been saved and want to spread the word; I hope that you can share in the blissful savior I have found. I love all of you so much, I want you to benefit from my new faith.

So, please take a moment to share in my redemption and go to the website below and rejoice in the truth.

www.venganza.org

Peace and noodles,

showdownhero

Welcome to the fold Brother. I love you too!

"And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near."

"Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony."