• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
DL Rep PB on Friday: 5x3 165kg
The DOMS is different as the weight gets closer to max. Also somehow tweaked my right upper pec under the clavicle, lucky its not too bad.

Nice, I like rep PBs better doesn't smash you as bad as a 1RM.
Did you tweak your pec on the deadlifts? Funny I did once as well on a hard set of 10 but my pecs are tight AF.

Good idea on the ventilation under the arm too, I'm always looking for new ways to keep cool in the gym :cool:

Nice, I like rep PBs better doesn't smash you as bad as a 1RM.
Did you tweak your pec on the deadlifts? Funny I did once as well on a hard set of 10 but my pecs are tight AF.

Good idea on the ventilation under the arm too, I'm always looking for new ways to keep cool in the gym :cool:
Haha old T has seen many kgs, cant let it go!
Not sure if it was deads or wobbly unstabilised bench, but its come good

Just rep pb'd squats 3×3 @ 145kg
Leg press 3×3 @ 340

Small win on deadlift the other night.
215x2@7. Its never felt that easy befor. Happy.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Small win on deadlift the other night.
215x2@7. Its never felt that easy befor. Happy.

[MENTION=7738]Timeah[/MENTION] nice! I'm still dreaming of a 200kg dead.
Although at 45yo (today!) and lifting for nearly four years, I'm happy with my progress

Rep PB od deads Thursday, up 5kg from last week. In fact I had only every done 4 lifts of 170kg and above.
3x3 @ 170kg
Week 6 vid:

Pb on squats on bench again tonight.

165x6@8rpe on ssquats.
113.5x6@9rpe on bench.

Rep PB on squats last night: 3x3 @ 150kg.
Felt heavy, but I'd only ever done 2x150 and 1 @ 160 before, period.
Stronger than ever right now.

Deadlift rep PB last night:
3×3 @ 175.
(1rm is currently 180)
Definitely feeling heavy, but the first reps came up fine, still a bit left in the tank.

Grear work again Deef. Momentum is always a fun thing. The trick is knowing when to back off.

PB also last night. Well, equal PB in terms of outright weight moved...but a pb on speed and effort for the set.
180x2. 7.5-8rpe. Felt great.

122.5kg X 2.5 Bench today.

I've equalled my max so far.

I'm doing Madcow program but have a question when starting to stall. Will look at the bench press for example.

Fridays you lift heaviest for 3 reps, then Monday you do the same weight as Friday for 5 reps.
Last week I managed 3 reps at 120kg, then Monday attempted 5 reps but only managed 3. Then today I aimed for 122.5kg for 3 but fell short ever so slightly.
Is it best to keep repeating the week I failed til I make the lifts then proceed to lift heavier again? I've been lifting consistent now for about 9 weeks, is it time for a lighter week or do you keep ploughing on? Anything further from here will pretty much be PB's on all lifts.

Cheers

Grear work again Deef. Momentum is always a fun thing. The trick is knowing when to back off.

PB also last night. Well, equal PB in terms of outright weight moved...but a pb on speed and effort for the set.
180x2. 7.5-8rpe. Felt great.

@Timeah Funny that, I was just having a chuckle at the thought that you long-time forum members may be a little tired of people coming in with spurts of progress, and then waiting for their first/next plateau. I'm nearly there! :p
I have entered the PTC Sth Melbourne novice comp on Aug 12th, so I'll aim for doubles next week, singles the week after an a week off (or at 50%). After the novice comp I'll either back off, or maintain intensity and maybe enter GPC Nats (masters) for a laugh.
I'm nearly at my judged PB single lifts as my work weights, so hopefully a 1rm increase is on the cards.

Nice on the PB, I'm guessing squat? Or bench... :D

Last edited:
@Timeah Funny that, I was just having a chuckle at the thought that you long-time forum members may be a little tired of people coming in with spurts of progress, and then waiting for their first/next plateau. I'm nearly there! [emoji14]
I have entered the PTC Sth Melbourne novice comp on Aug 12th, so I'll aim for doubles next week, singles the week after an a week off (or at 50%). After the novice comp I'll either back off, or maintain intensity and maybe enter GPC Nats (masters) for a laugh.
I'm nearly at my judged PB single lifts as my work weights, so hopefully a 1rm increase is on the cards.

Nice on the PB, I'm guessing squat? Or bench... :D
Haha. Yeah squat mate..

A word of friendly advice. Dont drop the intensity down to 50%. Keep it high in that final deload week mate, just drop the total volume of work done with that intensity by about 30%. And take 2-3 full days off before the Meet.

Also dont go and drop all your volume when doing those doubles and singles. Get the heavy work done, then chuck a back off set or two in after that. I dont really know what you have planned though in saying that hahaha.

Anyway. Yeah dont drop the weight to 50%. Keep it higher, just lower the total volume.

Speaking of PB's, another one for me today on deadlift.

225x2@8.5rpe.

Now my best double on deadlift is 230kg...but this weight wasnt really difficult at all. Probably 2 more reps left in the tank, but not 100% convinced. Would have been close. No doubt in my mind that I would have been able to pull 235 or maybe a little more for a difficult double.

I might just continue on with 2.5kg jumps for the next 4 sessions before 2rm testing. Might even just maintain this weight and try and make if move faster/easier. That, or ill bring the 2rm test forward 1microcycle. Which would probably be a better idea.

Ill sleep on it.

Rep PB today - pulled 177.5 kg for a set of 5.

Most importantly, it was after a four sets of three, and I still had a rep, maybe two, in the tank.

Rep PB today - pulled 177.5 kg for a set of 5.

Most importantly, it was after a four sets of three, and I still had a rep, maybe two, in the tank.
Nice. I'm aiming for DL doubles @ 180 this week.
I set some sort of PB on sunday, I managed 4 single BPs @ 95kg (rerack, re-setup meet lift practice) , failed the 5th (no spotter! I never clip bench so lifted the right side of the bar and let it slide).Previous rep PB was 3x3 @ 90kg, I;d pressed once at 95, 97.5 & 100 before.