• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Shrek

Fucked up Kunce
Got a question or advice about a particular supplement and don't want to start a thread. Post in here.

Last edited:
Does anyone cap their own supplements or herbal stuff?

Can anyone recommend a capping machine.
I have some stuff I want to cap.

Thanks

i brought a cheap manual capper off ebay for around $10, used it to cap dmaa , hordeine and phen

I was capping Bulk Cissus.

Shit tastes like ass. I want to take large doses, ie 2gms+ per day. :)

I shan't ask about the nuts and bolts method. LOL

Had a crack at The Curse pre workout this morning. Couldnt be assed running the risk of not getting my Craze through customs so gave this a shot.

Its not too bad at all, nice clean energy. Doesn't give that same euphoric feeling Craze does though, nor the intense focus.

On a positive for me its a whole lot less sketchy than Craze (for obvious reasons). I don't feel like I have smashed a handful of flippers on this stuff like I do with Craze hahahaha.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Phentermine/topiramate combo wins FDA approval for weight loss

The FDA has approved extended-release phentermine plus topiramate as an addition to a reduced-calorie diet and exercise for chronic weight management in overweight or obese adults. The agency’s decision represents only the second approval of a weight-loss drug in more than a decade.

The drug, to be marketed as Qsymia (Vivus) is a combination of phentermine (Adipex, Gate), a sympathomimetic amine anorectic, and extended-release topiramate (Topamax, Janssen), an antiepileptic drug. The FDA has approved it for use in adults with an initial BMI of at least 30 or in those with a BMI of 27 or greater and at least one weight-related condition, such as hypertension, type 2 diabetes or dyslipidemia, according to a press release from the agency.

Phentermine/topiramate combo wins FDA approval for weight loss | Endocrinology

HEALTHY JOINTS, LEAN BODIES
PATRICK ARNOLD

Last month, I promised you I would continue my discussion of joint care products and tell you about a few more really cool compounds. However, I changed my mind; I figure that I have to keep some secrets to myself. You see, I have a tendency to be too forthcoming with information, quite often to my detriment. Sorry, sorry. I know you might be disappointed right now, but I can’t give away everything— I have to keep some of my aces in the hole.

I will discuss one product— or group of products— which I believe can have remarkable benefit for degenerative joint disorders as well as many other things. I am not talking about something completely novel here, and many of you may be familiar with this stuff. However, no one that I know has ever contemplated these compounds having utility in the treatment and/or prevention of connective tissue problems.

Last month, I promised you I would continue my discussion of joint care products and tell you about a few more really cool compounds. However, I changed my mind; I figure that I have to keep some secrets to myself. You see, I have a tendency to be too forthcoming with information, quite often to my detriment. Sorry, sorry. I know you might be disappointed right now, but I can’t give away everything— I have to keep some of my aces in the hole.

I will discuss one product— or group of products— which I believe can have remarkable benefit for degenerative joint disorders as well as many other things. I am not talking about something completely novel here, and many of you may be familiar with this stuff. However, no one that I know has ever contemplated these compounds having utility in the treatment and/or prevention of connective tissue problems.

What Are 7-oxygenated DHEA Metabolites?

The compounds I am talking about are the 7-oxygenated DHEA metabolites. You may have heard of 7-keto DHEA. That, along with androst-5-ene-3b,7b,17b-triol (beta-androstenetriol, or beta-AET), constitutes the two major compounds of interest. Also included are androst-5-ene-3b,7a,17b-triol, androst-5-ene-3b,7b-diol-17-one and androst-5-ene-3b,7a-diol-17-one.

The granddaddy of all the aforementioned steroid hormones is DHEA. As you probably know, DHEA is produced in the adrenal gland and secreted into the bloodstream. It is the largest circulating steroid hormone in the body and it serves several known (and perhaps some as yet unknown) functions. It acts as a precursor to androgens and estrogens and also imparts non-genomic influences upon certain neurological systems in the brain (such as antagonizing GABA-a receptors). But perhaps its most important— and most interesting— function is as the parent prohormone to the amazing class of steroids known as the 7-oxygenated DHEA metabolites.

7-oxygenated DHEA metabolites are renowned for their unique immunostimulatory, anti-obesity, anti-diabetic, anti-inflammatory, and anti-catabolic properties. Many of these benefits are related to the fact that these metabolites antagonize the actions of glucocorticoids (aka cortisol) on many systems in the body. However, there are also modes of action beyond that, such as the stimulation of thermogenic enzymes in the liver.

These properties have only recently been observed and described by scientists, and for decades these compounds were thought merely to be inactive androgenic metabolites. Recently, however, the potential for these metabolites in the treatment of conditions such as radiation sickness, Metabolic Syndrome (also known ‘as syndrome X’), autoimmune disorders (such as lupus and rheumatoid arthritis), and cancer have resulted in many of these compounds— as well as some synthetic analogs— being developed as actual pharmaceuticals.

Of course, this magazine is about bodybuilding and not general medicine per se, so we should examine more closely how the special powers of 7-oxygenated DHEA metabolites can be harnessed and exploited for our own selfish, narcissistic benefit. Seriously though, what is so great about these compounds is that they can do wonderful things for your physique and your performance, while at the same time providing a myriad of additional health benefits.

Benefits of 7-oxygenated DHEA Metabolites

The number one most valuable property of this stuff is its ability to help you get lean. How that works, no one is exactly 100 percent sure. At least two things contribute to this— the ability to stimulate thermogenesis in the liver, and the ability to suppress the activity of cortisol.

The hepatic (liver) thermogenesis activity is due to stimulation in the activity of the liver malic enzyme and glycerol-3-phosphatase. Stimulation of these enzymes leads to a disruption in the cycling of energy in liver cell mitochondria. This metabolic inefficiency results in excess energy being thrown off as heat, and the resulting increased energy demand is fueled by fatty acids. This is pretty much the way thyroid hormone works in the liver. But unlike thyroid hormone, these metabolites do not have the potential for cardiac toxicity, skeletal muscle catabolism, or thyroid gland suppression.

The anti-glucocorticoid role of 7-oxygenated DHEA metabolites as it pertains to fat loss is much more difficult to pinpoint. One aspect involves suppression of the 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type I enzyme responsible for the conversion of circulating cortisone into active cortisol at target tissues. Another aspect probably involves a modulation of the immune response to cortisol in various sites in the body— especially the visceral area and the liver. The etiology of the Metabolic Syndrome is now known to be intimately related to immunoregulatory dysfunction. Elevated cortisol likely plays a key role in this dysfunction and 7-oxygenated DHEA metabolites may prevent and/or reverse this phenomenon.

Corticosteroid shots are often used when connective tissue injuries produce chronic and debilitating inflammation and discomfort. While often quite effective, they do nothing to help healing and in fact can lead to further degeneration. Corticosteroids work in large part by suppressing the production of pro-inflammatory eicosanoids and cytokines. These substances are secreted by injured cells as well as immune system cells called leukocytes, which are often present at the site of injury. The problem with corticosteroids is that they pretty much shut down all the eicosanoids and cytokines produced by these immune system cells, including the ones necessary for growth and recovery.

7-oxygenated DHEA metabolites, on the other hand, suppress inflammation in a much more finely-tuned and desirable way. While overactive immune system activity at the site of injury is often a culprit behind chronic injury that won’t go away, you don’t have to— nor do you want to— shut down this activity completely to achieve relief and recovery. The way 7-oxygenated DHEA metabolites achieve their goal is thought to be by increasing the activity of a certain group of leukocytes called T-regulatory cells. T-regulatory cells act to keep other immune system cells in check, so that they behave normally and don’t become overactive and destructive. By doing so, the proper balance between destructive immune overactivity and undesirable immune underactivity is struck, and inflammation is controlled while keeping recovery at a healthy pace.

Practical Application

There are many other benefits of 7-oxygenated DHEA metabolites. The increase in immune system competence, for example, can help prevent you from catching a cold or flu. I am not going to delve into these other areas, because they are not directly related to the realm of this magazine, which is bodybuilding.

As far as practical usage of 7-oxygenated DHEA metabolites go, the two compounds currently available on the supplement market are 7-keto DHEA and beta-AET. The former converts into the latter, and vice versa. Both are potent compounds, but beta-AET seems to be the more active of the two. 7-keto DHEA is sold as the 3-acetate, and this form is much more soluble than the free alcohol— and therefore, probably more absorbable. Beta-AET, on the other hand, is sold as the free alcohol. My experience has shown that the 3-acetate is vastly superior in solubility.

Both of these can be taken orally, but their bioavailabilities are very low that way. Of course, injection of these compounds would provide 100 percent bioavailability, but obviously that method is impractical. One method that I have found works to provide good bioavailability is the transdermal route. I formulated a topical liquid that contains 50 percent 7-keto DHEA 3-acetate and 50 percent beta-AET 3-acetate, and the results have been very impressive. The effects I have observed are greater fat loss, improved energy, resistance to illness, and reduction of inflammation. I believe there are a few transdermal 7-keto DHEA formulas currently on the market, but none that I know of also contain beta-AET or beta-AET 3-acetate. I wouldn’t be surprised that after this issue of MD comes out, someone starts to sell one.

Scientists at NSF International Discover Emerging and Potentially Harmful Adulterant Called N,alpha-diethylphenylethylamine (N,a-DEPEA) in a Dietary Supplement
The substance was found as part of a collaborative testing project conducted by scientists at NSF International, Harvard Medical School (HMS) and the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (NIPHE) in the Netherlands.

ANN ARBOR, Mich., CAMBRIDGE, Mass., & BILTHOVEN, Netherlands (PRWEB) October 14, 2013

Researchers from global public health organization NSF International, Harvard Medical School and the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment in the Netherlands have published an article in Drug Testing and Analysis describing the public health implications of an emerging and potentially harmful substance found in a dietary supplement sold in stores and online.
The substance, called N,alpha-diethylphenylethylamine (N,a-DEPEA), has a structure similar to methamphetamine and was found in a consumer dietary supplement product called Craze (marketed by Driven Sports, Inc.). Additionally, the substance (N,a-DEPEA) is not disclosed on the label. The substance was found as part of a collaborative testing project conducted by scientists at NSF International, Harvard Medical School (HMS) and the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (NIPHE) in the Netherlands.
“Alarmingly we have found a drug in a mainstream sports supplement that has never been studied in humans,” says Dr. Pieter Cohen, an assistant professor of medicine at Harvard Medical School who has conducted extensive research on supplements. “The health risk of using supplements adulterated with a drug should not be underestimated.”
In separate testing, NSF International scientists also detected N,a-DEPEA in a different supplement called Detonate by Gaspari Nutrition. Regulators may want to consider taking action to warn consumers.
“We urge consumers to remain vigilant about the dietary supplement products they choose, especially since products including Craze and Detonate are available in stores and online and encourage them to look for certification as a sign that the product has been tested and certified to be free of undeclared ingredients or harmful levels of contaminants,” said Ed Wyszumiala, General Manager of NSF International’s Dietary Supplement Certification Program, which helps protect consumers by verifying what is on the dietary supplement label is in the package and that the product does not contain other undeclared ingredients or unsafe levels of contaminants

Scientists at NSF International Discover Emerging and Potentially Harmful Adulterant Called N,alpha-diethylphenylethylamine (N,a-DEPEA) in a Dietary Supplement

I know this was a few months back but there was an issue with Dymatize protein having an excess of carbs.

Indeed, the results of these analyzes, commissioned by three independent certified laboratories, are conclusive and leave no doubt that the contents of these goods differ materially from what is indicated on the label. As in the other batches and flavors analyzed up to now results are clear: There is a significant protein deficit and a significant excess in carbohydrates

Confirm alleged fraud ISO100 Elite Whey Dymatize