• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
5. FRANCO COLUMBU
5-Franco-Culumbu.jpg

Franco Columbu is known for both his highly developed physique and as a world champion powerlifter possessing incredible strength. Franco was Arnold Schwarzenegger’s closest training partner. He won 2 Mr. Olympia titles, was an actor and later became a chiropractor.
4. FRANK ZANE

4-Frank-Zane.jpg

Frank Zane is the king of symmetrical aesthetic physiques. Frank Zane won 3 Mr. Olympia titles and his signature abdominal vacuum pose is something only the rare bodybuilder is able to emulate. At his light weight of 185 lbs on stage, Frank Zane is also an inspiration to the hardgainers out there that they too can build an incredible aesthetic physique.
3. PHIL HEATH
3-Phil-Heath.jpg

With 6 Mr. Olympia titles already under his belt, the current reigning champion has the potential to go on to claim the highest number of Olympia titles in history over the next few years. Phil Heath has one of the most incredible genetics in bodybuilding history.
2. RONNIE COLEMAN
2-Ronnie-Coleman.jpg

Ronnie Coleman won a record 8 straight Mr. Olympia titles and was the most massive and strongest bodybuilder of all time. He both dominated bodybuilding as a top pro bodybuilder and maintained a full-time career as a police officer.
1. Arnold Schwarzenegger
1-Arnold-Schwarzenegger.jpg

It’s easy to place Arnold Schwarzenegger at number 1. Not only did he win 7 Mr. Olympia titles, he overcame all odds and pioneered bodybuilding as we know it. Through his incredible mindset and charismatic attitude he achieved success in every industry that he took on, from bodybuilding to business to movies to politics.

Not a fan of Frank Zane. Anyone who says "BB is all about isolations" sets a bad example for the average lifter.

Lee Haney was Champ when I first started. What a great shape, before the boom of GH and all the other drugs:

Haney08.jpg

Very funny

surely the top 5 should be judged purely on the number of olympias?

that being said, 80 and 81 are known to be fixed.

Competition bodybuilding is such a joke.

Without a criteria of some sort it'd be a futile and aimless task deciding on any bodybuilder's ranking amongst other bodybuilders.

Criterias could fall into the following categories for example:

1. Mass/muscular development

2. Muscle definition

3. Muscle proportion

4. Muscle symmetry

5. Posing.

We can expand on the above criterias by giving each criteria its very own definition before thinking of a particular bodybuilder, or bodybuilders that may fit that particular criteria or criterias. Now you see how easier it has become once you know what you're looking for!

To give an example here; the first criteria for me lets me think of the Fox as one of the pioneers of what it means to be a mass monster. Fast forward 10 years from 1983 to 1993, and we now see ourselves looking at a blond giant of a man from Great Britain instead of a black man from Great Britain. And on we go...

bertil-fox-bodybuilders-who-went-too-far-550x600.jpg

main-qimg-398456b7585b9bdf41cc55d72bc8f06e-c.jpg

Last edited:
Without a criteria of some sort it'd be a futile and aimless task deciding on any bodybuilder's ranking amongst other bodybuilders.

Criterias could fall into the following categories for example:

1. Mass/muscular development

2. Muscle definition

3. Muscle proportion

4. Muscle symmetry

5. Posing.

We can expand on the above criterias by giving each criteria its very own definition before thinking of a particular bodybuilder, or bodybuilders that may fit that particular criteria or criterias. Now you see how easier it has become once you know what you're looking for!

To give an example here; the first criteria for me lets me think of the Fox as one of the pioneers of what it means to be a mass monster. Fast forward 10 years from 1983 to 1993, and we now see ourselves looking at a blond giant of a man from Great Britain instead of a black man from Great Britain. And on we go...

View attachment 12062

View attachment 12063

I'm not really sure where you are going with your post.
Do you mean, in relation to the op?

I'm not really sure where you are going with your post.
Do you mean, in relation to the op?
The OP has no foundation from which one can move forward, hence I provided one. To say "Top 5" or whatever, raises the question, the top 5 in what? Bodybuilding pioneers, or something else? Again, that's why I found the OP baseless, without a measuring stick to measure against.

Last edited:
The OP has no foundation from which one can move forward, hence I provided one. To say "Top 5" or whatever, raises the question, the top 5 in what? Bodybuilding pioneers, or something else? Again, that's why I found the OP baseless, without a measuring stick to measure against.

So...that's a yes lol.

Is it true Yates used to hook up to an I.V. drip at night?

It's hard to compare eras. Yates was the first Mr Olympia to really exploit good HGH wasn't he.

Then Ronnie had a lot better compounds obviously.

That being said, a Champion in one era will usually be a Champion in another era. It's just hard to split them.

Heath has naturally narrow Shoulders compared to the rest. Yates also didn't have the greatest shape along wit a fucked mullet haircut.

Yates' shape blows Heath away. Them narrow shoulders are fucked and not Mr Olympia worthy.

That being said, a Champion in one era will usually be a Champion in another era. It's just hard to split them.
Or perhaps a nobody in another era. The pool of bodybuilders has widened so much today that it encompasses many potential champions of whom one can rise to the occasion. In fact the pool has widened so much that I don't believe it can even allow for a comparison to be made between today and yesteryears. Hence I'd have to agree with your earlier point that it's best to judge a champion within a particular era instead of outside it.

Hence I'd have to agree with your earlier point that it's best to judge a champion within a particular era instead of outside it.

Well then it's prolly best to look at who won the most Mr Olympias? During their own eras?

To me Ronnie seems to be the one prepared to go to the most extremes - drugs and weights wise. Then again Arnold was a bit of a predator. He'd do whatever it took to win too, anything lol

We
Well then it's prolly best to look at who won the most Mr Olympias? During their own eras?

To me Ronnie seems to be the one prepared to go to the most extremes - drugs and weights wise. Then again Arnold was a bit of a predator. He'd do whatever it took to win too, anything lol

From what I've read the voting criteria is sound, I've corresponded often with Roger Schwab and Randy Roach, it seems to come down to who's in who's pocket at the time.