• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

New guy/how many times a week?

J

john

hey new guy here
Ive starting training heavier because i have come into some better equipment and some spotters(so not benching alone now). I do about 6 sets of around 62kg to failure on bench( i weigh 62kg) plus dumbell flies, dips, arm curls, bentover rows, crunches and soon access to a pull up bar. Is it better to train MON WED FRI or MON and FRI for better muscle recovery?
Cheers

What are you eating and are your sleeping arrangements in order?

These two things will largely determine how often you can/should train.

I second PowerBuilder's squat comment too - whether you train once twice or three times a week make sure you're squatting every time.

Eating and sleeping is good

I was suggested a different workout what do you's think?

Squats
Bent over rows
Bench press
Shoulder press

add some dips, pull ups and crunches

Squats yes
Bent over rows yes
Bench press yes
Shoulder press military press
deadlifts

add some dips, pull ups << only if you feel like you have too and crunches deadlifts instead crunches

Squats yes
Bent over rows yes
Bench press yes
Shoulder press military press
deadlifts

add some dips, pull ups << only if you feel like you have too and crunches deadlifts instead crunches

yes i will proberly stick with shoulder press using dumbells