• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What is more effective? Eating or working out?

gtrb26dett

Hi all,

I have a quick question. With regards to trying to lose stubborn fat. Is it easier to lose it by eating correctly rather then trying to work it off?

As I have like a small amount of fat around my love handles and just under my belly button which lately has gotten bigger. I only weigh 53kilos at the moment but all my fat seems to go to that particular area which makes my body look out of proportion. As every where else is very small.

Now would it be easier for me to completely change my diet rather then trying to work it off?

Just to add I'm unable to work out very well as I have a broken shoulder or I would be at PTC lol

Thanks

Well if you can't workout very well then I would suggest diet is your best option. Regardless diet is usually the best way to lose weight anyway. Stop eating crap and eat lean meats and veggies. Reduce serving sizes. The main thing is you use more energy then you put in, that should reduce fat. When you can exercise again do squats and thrusters.

You can probably apply this same info to the "Help!! Bf is getting fat" thread you made as well.

Asking whether diet or workouts are more important to fat loss, muscle gain etc is like asking whether your left leg or right leg is more important to being able to walk.

You need both, they work together far better than they work apart. If you don't believe me, spend a whole day hopping around on just one leg. That's what your body is doing if you only workout or only pay attention to diet.

You don't need to use your shoulder for fat loss. Move your legs with interval training.

Well I think my main problem is diet. As its not like I have an office job. The work I do is extremely physical ever since my shoulder I have not been able to work as long or been able to do my job 100percent correctly. So I think now my bad diet is starting to show in my appearance? Would that be correct?

My problem is I don't know what to eat and how much. Well I know to eat healthy food and vegies / fruit. How do you make them taste nice?

When I start eating healthy my intake of food decreases by half as I start eating it and it taste cr*p so I bin it and then don't eat anything else till my next meal.

until your shoulder is sorted just fix your diet. shouldnt take long til your shoulder is good enough to squat.

Asking whether diet or workouts are more important to fat loss, muscle gain etc is like asking whether your left leg or right leg is more important to being able to walk.

You need both, they work together far better than they work apart. If you don't believe me, spend a whole day hopping around on just one leg. That's what your body is doing if you only workout or only pay attention to diet.

You don't need to use your shoulder for fat loss. Move your legs with interval training.

if you fix your diet you will lose weight whether you hit the gym or not. youll have a whole lot of trouble losing weight in the gym if you dont fix your diet.

My problem is I don't know what to eat and how much. Well I know to eat healthy food and vegies / fruit. How do you make them taste nice?

When I start eating healthy my intake of food decreases by half as I start eating it and it taste cr*p so I bin it and then don't eat anything else till my next meal.

sounds like you probably should just wait five or six years until you worry about this stuff. at your age you shouldnt be worrying about weight.

you are 12 years old, right?

If you can read, you can cook. The little Women's Weekly cookbooks you get for $2 or so at the supermarket are alright for decent cooking. Not gourmet, but better than boiled vegies.
dr00 said:
if you fix your diet you will lose weight whether you hit the gym or not.
Yes, and if you just drop energy in without doing exercise, along with the fat you'll lose muscle and - for women like the original poster - bone, too.

"I've lost weight! Also I am now very weak and unfit, am often sick, I have a sore back and osteoporosis."

Not ideal in any way.

Diet + exercise, together. One foot after the other.

blabber fingers is sort of correct.

Using exercise as a method to lose fat is specious at best.
A combination of eat less move more.

Hi all,

I have a quick question. With regards to trying to lose stubborn fat. Is it easier to lose it by eating correctly rather then trying to work it off?

As I have like a small amount of fat around my love handles and just under my belly button which lately has gotten bigger.

Thanks

In addition to what the good people are saying here, I say you may need DIM. Please take a look at this: http://ausbb.com/nutrition-diet/8994-when-final-knockout-needed-stubborn-fat.html

Fadi.

You are a twig exercise and eat properly if you are fat at 5x kg u have the metabolism of a lab rat.

Build some muscle eat properly then worry about love handles. I weigh 2 of you.

Well if you can't workout very well then I would suggest diet is your best option. Regardless diet is usually the best way to lose weight anyway. Stop eating crap and eat lean meats and veggies. Reduce serving sizes. The main thing is you use more energy then you put in, that should reduce fat. When you can exercise again do squats and thrusters.

You can probably apply this same info to the "Help!! Bf is getting fat" thread you made as well.

The main thing is you use more energy then you put in, that should reduce fat.

This is a well worn expression and one which can get you into more trouble.

Be mindful that for an overweight individual- a lot of cardio type work is not the most desirable way to loose fat, in fact it can make you hungry, and you tend to reward yourself with sugary food.
If your out of shape you could injure yourself quite badly in the process.

I used to LOVE fish, chips and calamari literally swimming in vinegar (still do once in a blue moon haha).

I got rid of the calamari and chips, get fresh fish and have it with a salad instead. Don;t use normal white vinegar too much, but I now have a nice white balsamic vinegar which is unreal. Coles brand I think and cheap to boot!

Just had the same dressing with my Grilled chicken and salad for lunch. It really is better than anything I can buy in the Fort Valley mall.

Once you learn to take the emotion out of eating, and eat solely for results, and not for taste, you will eventually start enjoying the things you never used to like, if you get my meaning.

Well I think my main problem is diet. As its not like I have an office job. The work I do is extremely physical ever since my shoulder I have not been able to work as long or been able to do my job 100percent correctly. So I think now my bad diet is starting to show in my appearance? Would that be correct?