• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Chicken A La King Recipe

B

blakeimage

Received this in an e-mail - thought it'd prove useful for some members!

Credit goes to MuscleHack.com for the recipe;

Fancy a whopping 47 grams of protein in a tasty, easy meal? This is a recipe I had completely forgotten about up until recently. I used to eat this meal regularly before I started my carb-cycling lifestyle a few years ago.

However, after my summer ‘09 cut, I switched to my Glycemic Load diet as my method for bulking without adding fat. I then rediscovered this high-protein beauty and wanted to pass it on to you guys.

I didn’t personally formulate this one, I found it on bodybuilding.com a long time ago. It’s perfect for GLADiators and even good for low-carbers in general with only 15.5g net carbs per meal.
Easy Chicken A La King

Here’s what you need:

• 3 tablespoons chopped onion
  • 2 tablespoons wholemeal flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup/8 fl. oz. full-fat milk
  • 1/2 pound cooked, cubed chicken meat
  • 1 hard-boiled egg, sliced
  • 1 1/3 cups cooked spinach
Here’s what you need to do with it:

• In a saucepan, sauté the onion for a minute or so
  • Now add the salt, flour, milk, and mix thoroughly
  • Bring it all to the boil. It will thicken up nicely
  • Now add your chicken, egg, and spinach and heat through
That’s it – Done!
Quick, easy, and packed with protein.

I had some problems getting an accurate Glycemic Load estimate for this dish, but if you count it as a GL 10 you’ll be more than accounting for its glycemic impact.

• Calories: 340.4
  • Protein: 47g
  • Total Fat: 10g
  • Total Carbs: 19.2g
  • Dietary Fiber: 3.6g
  • Net Carbs 15.6g