• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

exercises for Biceps and back

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
my current workout I've split into two days.

day 1 Back, shoulders, Biceps
day 2 Chest, triceps,

both including abs

now my back and bicep exercises kind of suck as well there not getting me anywhere anymore and i can tell you my biceps are still fairly average.

My bicep exercises consist of:
Standing barbell curl
Sitting Barbell curl (with this arm support thing)
and sitting dumbell curl

I go all the way down and up with the heaviest weight i can manage 8 reps of on all of them and get someone to spot me 2 more. I keep my arm as straight to my body as possible as well.

Now after this workout the only thing that hurts the next day is my forearm and I can't put the weight up anymore cause i fail almost immediately

Is there anything i should add to this?

Also with back I'm only currently doing lat pull down and machine row. I progressed well until recently where I seem to have plateu off. Whats some good exercises for upper back i could add to this as I don't like the machines ( i have been taught machines are evil)

I dont think my diet is that bad (but its not that great) as Im still progressing with my chest, triceps, shoulders fine. Could probably do with some more protein though

Chinups/Pullups are probably a good exercise to do in your case. Wide overhand grip is my preference, but underhand grip is good for focusing on the biceps (if your into that kind of thing). If you're really gung-ho, you can add weight with a dip belt or similar device.

First of all, don't be afraid to gain some weight if you want your arms to grow. Calories are stored as muscle as well as fat. Arm size responds very well to extra weight.

Second, concentrate on very heavy compound movements for the back to help grow your biceps, esp. Rows. Keep reps 8 or less

Third, move shoulders to your chest day.

Fourth, don't neglect your triceps! Triceps are generally 60%+ of total arm size.

Some other advice: If you keep doing the same exercise in the same order then your body will get used to it and stop growing. You need to change on a regular basis so that your workouts continue to stress your body and you continue to grow. As for biceps, consider doing Hammer Curls as well. My biceps workouts usually include Standing Barbell Curls, Hammer Curls and Concentration Curls. I mix this up with Preacher Curls, Low Cable Curls and Standing Dumbell Curls just to keep the body growing.

Other than that, things to consider for your back exercises: Try changing the number of reps you do. Example: For one month, do 12 reps instead of 8. You'll need a lower weight, but as long as you train with the same intensity it will do you good. After that month, go back to 8 and see how you go.

That was sensationally necrobumped lozzo!

The key question is WTF happened to Biftek? Wasnt he a mod? Did he also get ovarian cancer?