• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

My current Program.

B

BREEBREE

I just want to know if i'm still on the right track or if i still need some guidance with my program, i am aiming for a fairly large body but ripped if you didn't already know.

i am about 1/3 to 1/2 way through my bulk stage at the moment.

Bench Press - 3x8
Military Press - 3x8
Dips - 3x12
Barbell Curls - 3x8
Barbell Rows - 3x8
SLDL - 3x8
Pull ups - 3x5-8
Squat 3x8

This program is done 3 times a week. What are everyones thoughts on this? i have put on approximately 2-3kg in about 2 months of training with this program.

Last edited:
Hey, I'm no pro but its not bad. Few probs though:

1. WAAAY too many exercises - you could halve that
2. Exercise order - technical exercises (eg olympic lifts) first, if you dont do these, squats first
3. rep range isnt good - all lifts should be worked in a 5 range for continual progress and pull ups tend to respond better in a 10-15 range.

You should pick up a copy of starting strength and practical programming, they're a really good place to start. Also be willing to put down some money at first on lifting shoes, chalk and maybe a session at your local crossfit to learn how to clean. Trust me, you'll be glad you did.

Only problem I have is the order, great exercises, could fit in a quick lift later.

The weight gains are due to diet, not exercise.

Well done

also would just say change up the order. start with the most important lifts when you will have the most energy to really lift heavy. squat, military, sldl, bench, bent rows then the rest, something like that.

maybe change the reps up too, you are doing quite a few exercises so 2x8 will let you lift heavier. ideally you should also start with 20 rep squats... oops, i think i just infringed on markos' copyright...:p