• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Teaching Kids...... :(

vader-nator

I have been through the ringer this week.

As a 4th grade primary teacher I took all of the boys for morning fitness. ie all the boys.

We did mostly balance and movement tasks with a few lunges and squats for good measure.

It seems that one of the boys from the other class had sore legs the next day.

His fat sedentary parents took him to the doctor.

The doctor said that deep knee bends are contra indicated and should not be done.

We did a few easy squats - 5 full reps, 5 half down and 1 full rep ( Twice )

Slow and controlled under my lead.

Now I find myself in meetings with my boss, the parents and the kid all week. I have been dressed down and cross examined like a criminal.

The kid and his parents have no idea what DOMS soreness is. What a disgrace. He is thin, pale and unwell looking.

We have all this crap on tv about childhood obesity epidemics yet the kids aren't allowed to do any exercise. Slow controlled squats are a normal biological movement. Has the world gone mad?

Kids sit cross legged on the ground and the floor all day..... How are they supposed to get up?

I have had a hell of a week!:mad::mad::mad:

What are contraindicated exercises and movements?

i cant believe the doctor thinks that the knee cant bend like that?!?! how the **** are you supposed to move properly if you cant bend your knee through its full range of movement.

i cant believe the doctor thinks that the knee cant bend like that?!?! how the **** are you supposed to move properly if you cant bend your knee through its full range of movement.

Look at the link. NSW PE Syllabus says it is NOT allowed. That's why I am in the poo! THe kid is fine now by the way. His quads were a bit sore the next day.
:mad:

I could be in a world of shit then after tonight. I had 12yo girls doing 40kg deadlifts for reps, bodyweight.

These girls have been doing KB work for 4 weeks. There legs have been killing them every weekend.

Luckily there Dad and Mum is switched on enough to understand that exercise is healthy.

Look at the link. NSW PE Syllabus says it is NOT allowed. That's why I am in the poo! THe kid is fine now by the way. His quads were a bit sore the next day.
:mad:

yeah i read the link after i posted. it should probably also state that you shouldnt let kids play any sort of sport or do any physical activity as any of those things could happen and knowing what kids can be like possibly all of them at once :D

make sure you dont let any kids run backwards with weights on their heads while doing deep knee bends.

not allowed... "extreme movements that cause extension or flexion of a joint beyond its normal range e.g. full circle neck rotations, back arches, toe touches, deep knee bends and frog jump repetitions"

Those are beyond a joint's normal range of motion? Only if "normal" is a bed-ridden person with a degenerative neural disease.

Who the fck wrote those guidelines?

How about this for a response:

"Dear parents, to sit in front of the television your children would have to do a deep knee bend, this is contraindicated, therefore as their teacher I recommend they only be permitted to watch television standing up. Same goes for Playstation."

I could be in a world of shit then after tonight. I had 12yo girls doing 40kg deadlifts for reps, bodyweight.

These girls have been doing KB work for 4 weeks. There legs have been killing them every weekend.

Luckily there Dad and Mum is switched on enough to understand that exercise is healthy.

Man I would pick my clients with care. After what I have been through this week.....

You would think that common sense would prevail. Problem is intellectuals have none. These are the people who we answer to. It's all concepts and quotations from documents. No lived experience at all.

Ranting on I know....... Can't help it!

not allowed... "extreme movements that cause extension or flexion of a joint beyond its normal range e.g. full circle neck rotations, back arches, toe touches, deep knee bends and frog jump repetitions"

Those are beyond a joint's normal range of motion? Only if "normal" is a bed-ridden person with a degenerative neural disease.

Who the fck wrote those guidelines?

How about this for a response:

"Dear parents, to sit in front of the television your children would have to do a deep knee bend, this is contraindicated, therefore as their teacher I recommend they only be permitted to watch television standing up. Same goes for Playstation."

Ahhhhhh!

Good to be back guys. Thank GOD somebody gets my point.

:):):)

When they piss and moan, I tell them to HTFU and go to bed, I then tuck them in and kiss them goodnight

No wonder I see boys with long girl hair and wearing their sister's jeans these days.

EDIT: "deep knee bends are contra indicated and should not be done."
how the f u c k are you supposed to walk up stairs then????

Last edited:
I always criticize the Japanese for being such softcocks and sooks and the boys are just so gay sometimes but it seems like Oz guys are catching up quick.
Seriously,let your kids bump their heads,scrape their knees and get involved in a bit of biffo and rough housing.It`ll do more good than harm.

Last edited:
Thanks to you guys I have recovered from my week of hell and mental torture.

As for having muscles. The Australian education system has ensured that our kids will grow up without ever really having direct experiences which allow for actual physical awareness of their own capacity for movement.

More for us I guess.

Look forward to being an even bigger stand out in the crowd.

We are heading back to the Arnold and Franco era.

The masses are being trained from an early age to be unable to cope with physical activity. They will never dead lift or achieve big arms. It will be a radical and peculiar mutation to them.

A nation of compliant sedentary consumers.

Don't get me into conspiracy mode.......LOL

Don't you have kids yourself, mate?

That's all we can do, bring our own up right.

No way I could ever be a teacher.

Respect to you Vader for being a teacher, I could never do it! I teach my nieces and nephews the most inappropriate shit lol... wolf whistles, ass slaps, wedgies, noogies and dead arms... and they're only 2 lol :)

ummmm aren't kids squatting up & down from their chairs before & after they watch TV, at body weight ?!

here's the arsehole PB....i bet you they'd lunges up & down the oval if offered a dozen donut's

i'm not sure who writes these completely stupid guidelines. most likely some soft cock education dept exec. We have an obesity problem in our country. what do we do? prevent them from doing decent exercise

You guys save me a fortune in therapy!

LOL

Thanks heaps for helping out. I have had a bad one this week!

Best

Rob

Does anyone know of any reason why the DoE would say toe touches are not allowed??
Honestly, if a child can't touch their toes they are in serious need of some exercise and stretching!

I think this is more of a reflection on the parents likely hood to sue the school/DoE.
They will probably just sue them later when their kids grow up unhealthy and immobile.

These are the sad times we live in!