• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Having a Cold and going to gym???!!

k_21

Hi all,

Just wanted to know if anyone here on the
board hit's the gym when they have a cold?

I mean I feel a little lethargic from sneezing all
day... but apart from that I'm OK (except for the
runny nose & sneezing every 3 minutes :mad:)

What's everyone's opinion?

I really hate to miss a day as I've just got into the
groove of hitting the gym 5 days a week!!

Thanks
Devante.
P.S. I hate when I get colds/flu just as you are
about to break your PB's and hit the next level.. DOH

DONT DO IT! REST!
and im pretty certian there no point contaminating the gym as youlljust make others sick. if your that depserate do something at home. but you should rest, your body will enjoy it

i pretty much try and go unless i've got a fever or an upset stomach. if i am feeling really sh!t though i'll just go for a 4 - 5 km walk / run (as much running as I can handle feeling that way anyway) i reckon i get through a cold quicker this way.

Well I've been feeling really bad
with my cold. Hence, I've had no choice
but to stay home :(.

I just hate it cause I was just getting
into breaking all my previous PB's and
moving to a new plateau..

Oh well now will have to wait till next week!!:mad:

Personally, I wouldn't go, I've tried to train through it, but with limited breathing from blocked nose etc I don't see the point as my lifts suffer.

Best to rest up, then hit it harder when you go back.

I never exercise whenever I get a cold or anything. WHenever I get a cold, I have to really be careful, as half the time, it can turn into bronchitis with me :( ANd I really hate when it turns into bronchitis, usually stuffs me up bad.

The worse I hate is when your throat is so sore, it feels like there is something in there.

I have worked out sick, injured and drunk before. I dont recomend any of theose things. However working out sick isnt the killer people make it out to be. It doesnt help but its not crazy bad. It all depends how stuffed you are from the cold and how much your body needs to recover.

Hi all,

Just wanted to know if anyone here on the
board hit's the gym when they have a cold?

I mean I feel a little lethargic from sneezing all
day... but apart from that I'm OK (except for the
runny nose & sneezing every 3 minutes :mad:)

What's everyone's opinion?

I really hate to miss a day as I've just got into the
groove of hitting the gym 5 days a week!!

Thanks
Devante.
P.S. I hate when I get colds/flu just as you are
about to break your PB's and hit the next level.. DOH

Rest man trust me. Theres no point training anyway when energy levels are low, you'll do more harm than good.

Ive heard it take muscles two weeks to fully recover.. Allot of programs encourage a rest week to let your muscle build. Why don't you tie that in with your sickness? I recently went on holidays and when I came back I had gained strength.

When i was weight training back in the day,when i would get sick i would still train but very light train.Use to be fine for me.