• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

help with diet for missus

Banjo29

The missus will be training with me for a while to help get her back into the gym. We have a 2yo daughter and she has put on a little weight. She used to go the gym quite alot, but obviosly having a baby changes things.
Ok, should she eat the same as me just smaller quantities? do women need carbs at night? we'll be traing at about 630 or 7 at night so should we have dinner a couple of hours before we train? Whats a good PWO for her?

stats 163cm tall
63kg

Nobody NEEDS carbs at night.

its the same for everyone, 3 hours of training a week, multiple small meals made up of lean protein, essential fats and unprocessed carbs, a protein drink after training.

Ok heres what I have put together for her. Its just less than what I eat. Training 3 days a week with her doing cardio as many times as she likes 4-6 days.
The protein sources will be mixed up to include red meat.

omelette with 2 eggs and 2 whites
veges
1/3 cup dry measure porridge/muesli with milk
or
muesli/oats with berries and milk
1 egg

rice cakes with 1tbsn PB
piece of fruit

tin tuna
1 slice of wholewheat bread/pitta wrap
mayo
piece of fruit

half scoop whey
banana

1 scoop whey and scoop waxy maize

150g chicken
small potato
sour cream
veges/salad

cottage cheese with almonds

on off days We will cut the carbs down a little bit. Tell me what you think

I'm 164cm, 60kg and I eat more than that...

aim for at least 30 gram of protein in each meal AND snack...

Are you going to be lifting heavy weights with her?

she's the same height as you just a little heavier. yes she will be training with me. had our first sesion last night.
I will add more protein in then thx.
Shoyuld that be a whole scoop of why before training as well?

Last edited:
re: the whole scoop of whey before training, that's up to her. I don't think the difference between a 1/2 scoop and 1 scoop is that much in the long run. What matters is consistency - consistently eating about 30 grams of protein 5-6 times a day, consistently training with HEAVY weights, etc etc :) all the best!

cool thx. Dont worry she'll be training hard and heavy. Is creatine ok for women? She should use what I use for supps eg fish oil, creatine?

Good food, rest and heavy lifting + high intensity cardio = everything you need.

I wouldnt worry about creatine for her just yet. Fish oil tabs are OK though.