• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Advice for my lady friend.

Alpha Moth

My GF lives in Germany (met her there), so we spend some periods of time not near each other... She has been complaining lately of being chubby, the usual shit.

What can I get her to do? She won't go to a gym (I've tried.. but she can't afford it either) and she doesn't really like exercise that much.

I asked her goals, and I don't get much of a reply. "Lose fat, tighten up my ass, legs and arms"

What is something simple to get her started, that won't make her hate it, but see enough results to start doing more?

She doesn't really do much at all, studies and so is sitting down a lot. She just has from what I know 3 meals a day.. usually breakfast (some toast or so usually), a snack like a small sandwich around lunch then "abendbrot", around 4pm which is usually a warm meal.

I suggested maybe she walk 30-60 minutes a day/ every second day and to track her weight each week. Would this be enough or won't she see anything?

Sadly I can't work out with her because of the distance, I will see her in January though so I can show her stuff then maybe.

Any advice from you other ladies?

This is the best pic I have her, don't know how much you can tell from this picture. She certainly isn't obese.

Last edited:
My GF lives in Germany [...]

What can I get her to do? She won't go to a gym (I've tried.. but she can't afford it either) and she doesn't really like exercise that much.
If you nag her to exercise when she doesn't want to, then you can be sure she'll stay in Germany, and you here.

No-one can get anyone else to exercise, change diet, or anything like that.

When she wants to do something, she'll do it without your help. Men respond to nagging, women don't.

She asked for advice/tips, but she does not want advice/tips. They never do. Trust me.

This is especially so when they say, "I would like to lose some weight, but I don't want to join the gym or exercise." She's not asking how to change, she's asking for a compliment. So give it to her.

If she goes to uni, she is an intelligent woman with access to a gym, to fitness professionals and has the equipment and the smarts to do her own research about what to do. If she does not take steps by herself from that advantageous position, it's because she doesn't want to.

In the Fitness Australia code of ethics, fitness professionals promise not to engage in intimate relationships with people they train. By the same token, you should not try to train someone you're in an intimate relationship with. It never works.

When your woman says, "I would like to lose some weight, how can I do it?" the only proper response is "you are sexy."

kyle has learnt, I also know what makes a happy home.

BUt sometimes you have to answer their questions, kinda, lol

I have am pretty sure the only way to tone up is to go to the gym or do some swimming etc, but why do you ask I think you are nice as you are

Guys like to gove solutions to problems, but when girls complain its usually purely to vent, they dont want a solution.

Best thing Ive discovered lately, just agree with everything, smile, nod and pretend like you care.

Regardless to whether she is fat or not weight bearing exercise improves bone density, flexibility, mental health and a score of other benefits.

Answer honestly and if someone ask you for advice give it.

Exercise like your life depends on it because it does.

Guys like to gove solutions to problems, but when girls complain its usually purely to vent, they dont want a solution.

Best thing Ive discovered lately, just agree with everything, smile, nod and pretend like you care.

lol...thats what my hubby says!

I think that if she is asking for tips and opinions, then obviously she is ready for a change to her body.
Can she get her hands on a set of dumbbells? There are a number of exercises she can do with them to tone and strengthen.
I only recently joined a gym, and I did my workout and exercises at home previously with with just dumbbells, and a treadmill. I also did assisted situps, pushups, lunges and step ups.
Its called motivation, and if she wants to change her body, tell her that she does not need machines to do that, just hard work and motivation, as well as a good clean diet.
good luck.