• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Varying your intensity

PowerBuilder

G'day,

I was talking to a friend of mine a while ago, about doing some serious sprint work...he's been doing it for quite a while now. He mentioned that he varied his intensity when it came to running. I told him that it make complete sense, since when i'm doing weight training, i vary my intensity from 85-100% of my 1RM.

My question (that i asked him & i'll ask you guys) is how the bloody hell do you estimate what your 85% of your full capacity to run 100 meters is, for example? Same could be said of course for 200, 400 or 800 meter. Do you work by feel or what?

In 2010 I'll be putting a lot of time & energy into building up my cardio fitness & want to come to grasp some, what i consider to be...important aspects.

From what I've been told and read about, when it comes to cardio the percentage at which you work at relates to your BPM or 'Heartbeats per minute". You work out what your fat-burning or high-intensity BPM is and work at a percentage of that.

Correct if I'm wrong though :p

Cardiovascular work comes into when you are training slow twitch muscle fibers.

The word cardio has alot of nad stigma to it so i try not to use it.

Why cant you get strong fast and give your heart a work out all at once? Why do you have to have weight trianing over in the left and cardio over in the right?

Once you impliment weight based circuit lifts ect you are on the right track.