• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Picture this

PTC

Three girls training, practicing the snatch. A female Staffy comes running into the gym, starts playing with my British Bulldog.

A short while later two guys come looking for their dog.

" Are you a personal trainer" he asks

"No, we train for strength" I explain

"Its no good for me then, I train for size" he says, keeping a straight face.

The girls look at him in bewilderment ( Annie, Bec and Elissa)

"How much do you deadlift" I ask

" I dont" he replies

"So how much do you squat"

" I'm on my feet all day" he tells me " So I dont squat, but I leg press"

How the girls are now not laughing I dont know. In a million years you would not guess that this guy lifts.

He asks if Mus trained here, I explain he used to

He tells me jokingly that the girls probably deadlift more than him, and asks how much they deadlift. I explain that Bec has the gym record at 137.5kg. The look on his face says it all.

The girls burst out laughing when they leave, says he may be back for a session.

I'm not holding my breath. Thankfully for his ego it wasnt Wednesday at 8.00pm lol

lulz.

Gotta say though, I've seem some huge guys who don't squat and deadlift. Its mind boggling.

He wasnt one of them

lol, well I think I can beat your story.

I work with special kids part time and because I'm young/fit I usually get rostered on to take them to sport.

Today in tai chi the instructor told us about people she knew who went below a partial squat (with no weight on their back) and ruined their knees. I lolled.

I'm up to 110kg deadlifts. There is still hope for me yet to match the PTC girls.

At least your deadlifting, dont stress, you'll go past them shortly, they didnt start at 130kg

lmao, no ****ing clue. How do dumbasses like the above manage to breathe? :p

how do they manage to dress themselves in the morning is a lesser of a question, but still an interesting one lol

If only they had came in on a wednesday night!!! Ok...so i'm a bit sadistic

On Wednesday nights at 8.00pm, I have Spiros 860kg total, Nick, 830kg total, Kelly 790kg @ 82kg, Alen 720kg @ 87kg and Max 677kg @ 70kg.

Last Wednesday all 4 were doing rack pulls with 250-300kg

I think he may have been fairly intimidated lol

I love british bulldogs. My uncle has one and also has an Australian bulldog.

Lucky for me I started my first strength / compound exercise program inc squats n deadlifts etc just last week, so at least I can now join in on the joke.

Better late than never!

I'm sure they realise I'm just clowning around.

If not maybe I'll bring them a couple of crossfit/olympic lifting t-shirts to say sorry.
crossfit_girls_tshirt-p235264078701127900ootw_400.jpg