• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Do you also drink water when your drinking 4 liters of milk?

kindred

I have seen the drink 4 liters of milk strategy thrown around a bit here but what I want to know is do you still drink water? If I was to drink 4 liters of milk a day plus 1.5liters of water I wouldnt be able to eat.

Milk is mostly water.

That business of "have 8 glasses of water a day" comes from some bloke in the 1940s, and his study also mentioned that most people get most of that water from their food. Bread is half water, for example. And anyway more recent research shows it's a useless generalisation, depends on climate, individual body type, physical activity, a zillion things.

If you want to drink 4lt/day milk, I advise building it up slowly. At the fastest, begin with 1lt/day in the first week, 2lt/day in the second, and so on. Your guts have certain bugs and enzymes in them that help you digest. Eat more of one food, get more of those bugs, eat less get less.

That's why if a vegetarian eats a big pork roast one day they get the squirts - their guts don't have the bugs to do it anymore, they should have begun with a small piece and built up over time if they wanted to eat meat again.

Most people if they jumped straight into drinking 4lt/day milk would get the squirts or really farty. Build up to it.

I was mostly concered cause of kidney damage. If you drink lots of fluids it can cause them to mess up.

I was mostly concered cause of kidney damage. If you drink lots of fluids it can cause them to mess up.

I've written on milk here Kindred : http://ausbb.com/bodybuilding-training-discussions/9757-prostate-care-foods-drugs.html.

Please do your own research as well. It's all about balancing the calories out. Even drinking too much water can be harmful at times. A lady in the US died about two weeks ago in a water drinking competition. So do your reading before you embark on anything that is out of the ordinary.

Fadi.