• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Great display of power & speed

PowerBuilder

YouTube - Siódme Poty 5

i found this clip by accident. i hope ya'll get as much enjoyment as i do watching it. I can't wait to next time i do the C&P!!! Tho I'm obviously moving a lot less weight.

does anybody see a single mirror in the room ? Interesting that there's some serious machines working hard, yet not a single mirror to be seen!!

AAA+++ top lifters

Please note what the lifter is doing at the 6.40 mark. I'm going to include that movement into my training for sure

Last edited:
YouTube - Siódme Poty 5

i found this clip by accident. i hope ya'll get as much enjoyment as i do watching it. I can't wait to next time i do the C&P!!! Tho I'm obviously moving a lot less weight.

does anybody see a single mirror in the room ? Interesting that there's some serious machines working hard, yet not a single mirror to be seen!!

AAA+++ top lifters

Please note what the lifter is doing at the 6.40 mark. I'm going to include that movement into my training for sure

That's the Polish National weightlifting team during one of their workouts. Poland here I come!

The smallest man with white hair is a former Olympian weightlifter and the national Polish team coach.

PS: This is a 6 part serious if anyone's interested in downloading...

Thank you PB.

Fadi.

I'm SERIOUSLY not having a dig here, serious question... why do 2/3rds appear to be overweight? Does being fat help? Does it help with power? Always all I see are huge fat ***** powerlifter/weightlifters.

Alot of super heavys are fat. Alot of them can also put overhead more than 99% of people can deadlift.

Weightlifting is judged on aesthetics, its on the most weight hoisted overhead. Anthing that does not help contribute to that is not important.

Oly lifters look at bodybuilder and wonder why they build huge amounts of non-functional muscle.

Different strokes. Personally I find the O lifting more impressive.

Most superheavy weightlifters could do a 16 week cut and win a bodybuilding comp. I dont know of any bodybuilders who could clean and jerk 220 in only 16 weeks.

Alot of super heavys are fat. Alot of them can also put overhead more than 99% of people can deadlift.

Weightlifting is judged on aesthetics, its on the most weight hoisted overhead. Anthing that does not help contribute to that is not important.

Oly lifters look at bodybuilder and wonder why they build huge amounts of non-functional muscle.

Different strokes. Personally I find the O lifting more impressive.

Most superheavy weightlifters could do a 16 week cut and win a bodybuilding comp. I dont know of any bodybuilders who could clean and jerk 220 in only 16 weeks.
Calm down, I wasn't having a dig remember, does the excess bodyfat help or hinder them, wouldn't it be better to maintain the muscle mass, drop the fat and compete in a lighter weight class?

Morgans question is fair and spot on.

Morgan, the added weight definitely helps with leverages. At the elite level, your height and leverages will determine your ideal weightclass, so the lifters either gain or lose weight to fit into that weight class.

as you also know building 10kg of muscle at the elite level will take years, a 10kg weight gain could take days.

These guys are drug tested unlike bodybuilders, so they cant wait 2 years to gain the muscle for a gold medal shot, so they bulk, and bulk well.

Most return to normal size when they retire, just look at Dean Lukin.

It is very difficult for these guys to maintain that size, they eat an extraordinary ammount of food. They burn off much much more calories than a bodybuilder with their training, so they really need to force feed themselves.

there is also the other end of the scale, the shredded lifters that we have shown pictures of that you ignore, they need to lose weight so they can lift in their ideal weight class.

Pictures of Pyros Dymas with his abs clearly visible through his lifting suit are legendary.

Like Nick said, these guys carry an enourmous ammount of dense, useful muscle under that layer of fat, freakish powerful backs.

the fat, just like the muscle, serves a purpose.

Awesome vid. I reckon there were more leaner lifters in that vid than there were super heavy's anyway.

Yeah. THe leerage thing is an interesting issue. It's discussed in a few of the books i own, but i can't really understand it from a logical point of view. Markos can you give us a hypothetic example, of a lifter weighing 100kg, in terms of what gaining & losing scale weight would mean? Cheers

Click me!!!!!!! <---click the link for a special suprise!!

Last edited:
Here is real simple real life leverage issue.

When I deadlift, the bar finished ABOVE my dick. Most people it finishes 6" below there dick. I have poor leverages in the start position. My ****ty deadlift PB of 212.5kg (done in 1989 because of a sciatic nerve issue) indicates I have poor back strength.

The fact I do sets of 8 on bent over rows with 140kg indicates I have good back strength.

What I have is poor leverages for the deadlift, shorter arms.

The plus side is I have great leverages for pressing, bench 165kg and MP 102.5kg.

So when an elite lifter enters an elite program, once his suitability is determined by broad jump, vertical leap etc, he will be told at what weight class he is best suited, determined by height, limb length and a host of other factors.

Google Bob Peoples, check his arm length lol....its okay, I did it for you

PEOPLESPULLLG.jpg

802421.1130708967153.bob_peoples2-02.jpg

I hope this pic helps

i have actually found that when i deadlift, the bar actually does move over my cock

maybe i'm built to deadlift.

Last edited:
Someone older and wiser once said to me; "Andy - stop worrying your bodily proportions - just get your dead ass under the bar and squat"

Last edited: