• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Tabouleh: The King Of Salads

Fadi

Tabouleh is a Lebanese parsley salad worth its weight in gold. Each individual ingredient is full of health power in its own right. Methodologically chopping each individual ingredient is a work of art; no different than insuring that all of your muscles are trained with the outmost precision and calculation.

Ingredients
1 cup burghul wheat (fine cracked wheat)
4 cups flat leaf parsley
1/2 cup mint leaves
1 cup chopped tomotatoes
1 cup chopped cucumber
1 cup chopped spring onions
3 large mild chillis; chopped fine
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
salt to taste

Method
1. Wash and soak the burghul wheat for about an hour, drain, leave in strainer until almost dry (or squeeze the water out.
2. Chop the herbs, onions, chillies and tomatoes.
3. Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl.
4. Add the lemon juice and Olive oil, mix well
Serve

collage2.jpg

food_tabouleh2_082908.jpg

Put some time and effort in and enjoy the difference.

[YOUTUBE]tMKTRgzsClI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]2t_P_xz2E5o[/YOUTUBE]

Bon Appétit
Fadi.

Last edited:
Love my tabouleh!
Hope I don`t offend the Lebanese in you Fadi but I love to add
a few extras like olives,sun dried tomatoes and finely chopped
capsicum.
To make a complete meal I throw in a can of tuna.

Love my tabouleh!
Hope I don`t offend the Lebanese in you Fadi but I love to add
a few extras like olives,sun dried tomatoes and finely chopped
capsicum.
To make a complete meal I throw in a can of tuna.

How can you offend me here Zarkov, we're talking about food here! If you can make it better or tastier by adding some more nutrient packed ingredients; then all power to you my good friend. I actually appreciate it. But now you've got to call it Tabouleh with Zarkov's twist.

Fadi.

I love tabouleh, one of the best and most transportable salads.

I think I just love lebanese food in general.

How can you offend me here Zarkov, we're talking about food here! If you can make it better or tastier by adding some more nutrient packed ingredients; then all power to you my good friend. I actually appreciate it. But now you've got to call it Tabouleh with Zarkov's twist.

Fadi.

That`s a relief Fadi.I thought to a Lebanese putting tuna etc. into tabouleh would be like putting tofu into a meat pie to an Aussie!

That`s a relief Fadi.I thought to a Lebanese putting tuna etc. into tabouleh would be like putting tofu into a meat pie to an Aussie!

Not at all Zarkov; I believe the first western lady (Joyce?) in the first you tube video talks about adding chicken, prawns, etc. So yes, few Lebanese people made a complaint when the traditional dish became well...not so traditional if you know what I mean. That is why it's always good to add the word "twist" whenever you make a dish your own. After all, some people may like the "twist" version better than the original!

Thank you for your interest Zarkov.

Fadi.

Tabouleh and fattoush, my favorites.

Fadi, do you know if cucumber is a traditional ingredient in tabouleh? Just wondering as a few people have told me cucumber (and chilli) is not used back in Lebanon for this... Fattoush has cucumber though..
Just wondering. Interested to know what's cooking back in Lebanon :)

mmm I love it, its soo yummy. But I find if you dont cut up the parsley really fine or better still run it in the processor, It can kinda choke ya. Never the less, I love it with heaps of lemon juice..mmm

Tabouleh and fattoush, my favorites.

Fadi, do you know if cucumber is a traditional ingredient in tabouleh? Just wondering as a few people have told me cucumber (and chilli) is not used back in Lebanon for this... Fattoush has cucumber though..
Just wondering. Interested to know what's cooking back in Lebanon :)

Good question Raphael. Most do add finely diced cucumbers. Fattoush has radishes in it as well as pomegranate syrup/concentrate. Also, no burghal is added but grilled Lebanese bread instead and everything is roughly chopped in comparison to tabouli. Both dishes are dynamites. Fattoush however has an accompaniment to it when eaten at home called mjadrah. It's basically cooked burghul and lentils with a fried onion on top. It's all good hearty food.

Fadi.

Last edited:
:D yummMmm Tabbouleh is without a doubt THE king of salads, its so good for u & is absolutely delicious too

love the stuff..; my wife now knows how to make it.. i just chow it down.. also so cheap to make... under 10 bux i get a very large bowl!!

Yeah i like tabouli, but i don't love it. It might be because i grew up eating it but i prefer Greek salad anyday..

How would you define Greek salad, as in what makes it unique is what I'm asking? Thank you.

Fadi.

I love that it has an array of flavours, it begins with fresh crisp capsicum, cucumber, onion, goats milk fetta, olives, tomato, raddish and then the dressing. But in saying that i enjoy fattoush because of the same reason plus i LOVE emjadrah, i just never liked tabouli, my mum used to make it everyweek and as a kid i would refuse it, too much parsley for my liking.