• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Diet help

S

Scoreless

Evening all,

Requesting your help if possible. I've been dieting/exercising for almost year now (10 months) and in that i've lost a decent amount of weight, started off at 130kg, now 110kg. However i've run into a barrier with weight loss, I cant seem to lose anymore. My exercise routine consists Tuesday Personal Trainer, Thursday Jogging, Saturday training session with a friend or Gym and Sunday either light walk or small hike in bushland.

Could somebody critique my current food intake and make any recommendations? I've been looking at the 2200 diet however I think that's getting ahead of myself.

Breakfast:
-Majority of the time 50g rolled oats with no fat milk
-Sometimes toast x 2 with vegemite/butter
-Occasionally V8 (if I can stomach it)
-Vitamins/Fish Oil

Lunch:
-Rye bread sandwich with roast beef (2 slices), mashed egg (no mayo), pickle spread, pickles, tomatoes, cucumber. No butter.
or
-Sushi mainly tuna/salmon (none with Japanese mayo or fried items)
or
-Salad (random, but unfortunately with feta)

Snack
-Possible combination of Celery sticks x 2, handfull Snow Peas, handfullSugar Peas or Boiled Egg (ie Celery and Egg)

Diner
One
-Tined Tuna or 100g Beef or 100gChicken
-Boiled eggs x2 or Scramble
-2 Sticks of Celery
-Half a carrot sliced or raw cabbage
-4 Rivita with 50g of cottage cheese
-Random vegetables substituted for celery/carrot sometimes

Thanks in advance.

Hello there Chris,

I had a quick look at your diet. You'd be lucky to be having 1500 calories between your three main meals and one snack. At a bodyweight of 110kg, that diet would come under the classification of "starvation"!

Would you be willing to increase your calories so as to give you some serious energy for some real deal whole body exercises six to seven days a week? If your answer is in the affirmative; then congratulation in advance on becoming 100kg or less within the next 12 weeks (max)!

Fadi.

Last edited:
I believe his name is Chris, Fadi.

Chris: I agree with Fadi, you should be eating more. Probably around 3500 calories.

Have 5-6 meals, making sure you have protein in each and that they are are spaced out about 2-3 hours. Reason for this is so that your body stays in an anabolic state. - I'm sure someone can explain to you in more detail

Thanks for the info all,

What I might do is see if my trainer can recommend a good Dietician/Nutrionalist for me to see. I'm honestly horrible with trying to work out diets.

Cheers

What does your Personal Trainer have you doing? I would recommend doing more weight training.

What does your Personal Trainer have you doing? I would recommend doing more weight training.

Mostly cardio at present, alot of kick boxing, running and general exercises burpees/squats/crunches etc to get my general health up

Working on starting weight circuits in a couple weeks.

please don't read this the wrong way....has your PT not been able to help you break thru your barrier ? if he can't...do his job that is...i highly suggest spending your money on the local peep show, it'll get you the same result, bubkas

as fadi said, you should prolly be eating a bit more to keep your body tickin' along

please don't read this the wrong way....has your PT not been able to help you break thru your barrier ? if he can't...do his job that is...i highly suggest spending your money on the local peep show, it'll get you the same result, bubkas

as fadi said, you should prolly be eating a bit more to keep your body tickin' along

Hey,

I've only employed the PT for the last 3-4 weeks, its one of my solutions to breaking the barrier, Still early days with the PT, though he is working me well. Previous to this i was going to the gym myself and doing workouts, however didn't believe I was going as hard/better as I could.

All power to you. Just be consistent and I'm confident your efforts will pay off handsomely.

Fadi.

my 2c, agree with Josh_GtiR need to do more weights and then, NO bread, NO sugar, reduce carb intake, up your protein intake and you need to be super consistent. 90% of your improvement is based on your diet.

ps. this is just my opinion.

Fadi is right, you need to eat more.

Funny thing about the body, if you starve it, it panics and actually tries to hold onto the fat it has, it says, "holy crap, we're dying! Quick, hold onto those fat reserves in case of a real emergency! Burn up some muscle, too!"

The trick is to consume just a bit less calories than you expend, not a lot. Then your body goes, "oh alright, I guess I can burn up some fat, then."

Do they have popcorn at the peep show or is eating popcorn while people perform sex acts just degrading?

On a serious note you have done very well to lose 20kg good job.

Fadi is right, you need to eat more.

Funny thing about the body, if you starve it, it panics and actually tries to hold onto the fat it has, it says, "holy crap, we're dying! Quick, hold onto those fat reserves in case of a real emergency! Burn up some muscle, too!"

The trick is to consume just a bit less calories than you expend, not a lot. Then your body goes, "oh alright, I guess I can burn up some fat, then."

Aye i've taken on the advice, added another meal in the afternoon (generally something high in protein) and additional items to other meals. I personally thought the original diet was kinda complete excluding iron (used supplements). so glad I asked.

I'm going to take my own advice and get a nutrionalist/dietician to help me plan some meals, mainly because profession is so sedentary and i believe I can easily make some errors.

Last edited:
I personally thought the original diet was kinda complete excluding iron (used supplements).
Well, it never does harm to have more vegies and beans. Not much calories but heaps of fibre and nutrition - and fibre helps you absorb other nutrients.

For iron, assuming you have no medical stuff affecting it, maybe for your extra meal you could have 100+g red meat or 3+ eggs, that supplies a lot of easily digested iron, and some extra calories, too. Or if you're not keen on meat and eggs, cashews and pistachio nuts are quite high in protein and iron, too.

I notice also you mention 50g rolled oats with nofat milk for breakfast. Oats are good, the most protein of any common grain food, lots of iron, and heaps of fibre. But 50g... that's not much if you want to do a lot of physical activity and gain some muscle. In recent weeks at 78-80kg, with 3 weights workouts a week, 2x5km runs and 6x 6.5km cycles (half hour each), I was having 100-140g rolled oats with 1/2 cup full cream milk, a splash of honey to make it tastier, a glass of juice with it, and a piece of fruit afterwards to keep it all company.

I used to eat less but I worked up to it...
Scoreless said:
I'm happy with the amount, but at the same time annoyed with myself for getting to that point in the first place.
Don't be, mate. It doesn't matter where you've been, only where you're going.

What's your real first name?

Chris mate. yeah I know I shouldn't, though at least it gives me motivation to not go back to where I was, which is a bonus.