• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Need help planning routine

P

Pulse_zone

hi
Found Ausbb off a flyer that i found near my work , a good spot advertising hehe , damn litter bugs :)

Ok so here goes , just after a little bit of help , I'm 18 and have been going to the gym 3 times a week with each session lasting around 2-3hours. I've have been going since i was around 16 but it is only of recent times that i have gotten a bit more serious then previously.

I want to lower my body fat, as i have some fat parts on body that are quite annoying that i would like to burn away. I've been doing some low intensity cardio. In the first few weeks i was seeing a difference but now i don't see much change happenin. After i've done with the cardio i jump on the treadmill for around 30mins follow by a 1hr session on the cross trainer

I also do weight training, 2 exercises for the muscle groups biceps, shoulders, triceps, back, chest, and for the forearms i do some wristcurls, to finish it all off i do situps.

I know what My problem(or atleast i think it's my problem) and that's I don't have a real solid routine to follow. I would really like to have one of you guys help me out with this.

So just a recap i am wanting to burn the fat away, with some weight training to work out my muscles

Some can anyone suggest a routine for me ?

Thanks in advance
Pulse_zone :)

whats your heart rate when you do cardio (BPM?)
to effectively burn fat it needs to be over 120bpm while doin cardio

I think you should mainly concentrate on a healthy diet and make that your No1 priority
before anything else as this will play the major part in your goal to trim down.

Do cardio after doing weights. The first 20 minutes of a workout is a warm up, so running for this period is just a waste of energy. If you do weight training first, then you'll have warmed your body up, and when you hit the bikes/treadmill, you'll be burning fat as soon as you start. This also gives you more energy for weight training.

What kind of intensity are you doing with the weights? If you're more after burning fat then building muscle, light weights for high reps is better then heavy weights for low reps. 7 sets of 30 reps is a good starting point.

You might also need to refine you diet as in the amount of calories a day you are consuming and what type of calories your consuming at different periods of the day, i know with myself having a slow metabolisim my diet needs to be less calories than normal. and all of them have to count so i don't lose gained muscle while changing my body type.

for a basic fat loss workout with weights it could consist of something like this

warmup with a 5min uphil walk m m,knd

some workouts you could do are

squats
deadlifts
bench press
shoulder press
chin ups/lat pulldowns
bent row/upper back machine

with 20mins of h.i.t cardio using one machine online

then to finish it all off 10min cool down on treadmil starting with a fast walk, ending in slow walk

in and out of the gym within 90mins