• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Nutritional Help for Teenager

8925skak

Hello all, my name is Hayden and im 15, roughly 180cm 70kg. My workouts generally last an hour and workout 3-5 times a week 2-3 times will be weight excersizing and the others skipping/boxing/running and other cardio. I eat healthily and add creatine to pre/post workouts and musashi protein powder + honey (for carbs) to my post workout.

I am not sure what foods I need each day the information i need is how many carbs/protein/fat i need each day, what to eat before workouts, how soon you can excersize after eating, different foods high in the nutrients i need (e.g. tuna for protein, pasta for carbs).

also one other question, how much fruit and veg to consume a day and is there a maximum.

Also help on which supplements will help me :D

//8925skak (aka Hayden)

No supplements will help you at 15.
Eat plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables, eggs, chicken and tuna and don't forget to load up on some oats for breakfast.

Well I allready have purchased creatine and I would say it has helped slightly if not alot. If i do not need a protein supplement what can I add to my post workout meal that is high protein and very low fat and also quick absorbing??

I have been told to excersize on an empty stomach

Who told you this? :confused: I can understand if it's talking about fasted HIIT cardio (a contentious subject), but as for weight training... no way! You won't grow if you're not eating properly both before and after.

Welcome to Ausbb by the way! :D

cottage cheese before bed :) yummy yummy hehe, best dessert with a little bit of jam hehe, thanks to Ausbb i found this little beauty, now its a daily ritual for me.

Who told you this? :confused: I can understand if it's talking about fasted HIIT cardio (a contentious subject), but as for weight training... no way! You won't grow if you're not eating properly both before and after.

Welcome to Ausbb by the way! :D

I must of picked it up somewhere on the internet, do you or any others no of a high energy snack to consume maybe 1 hour before training???

The others will be sick of my saying this, but...
  • eat LOTS of fresh fruit and vegies
  • eat LOTS of nuts and beans
  • eat SOME meat, fish or dairy each day
  • if you want to get bigger, eat LOTS of starchy stuff (bread, pasta, spuds, rice)
  • make a workout drink - 500ml milk, 3 eggs, 100g skim milk powder; drink half before and half after your workout
Apart from the workout drink, you want to have about 2 hours since your last big meal, not much more nor much less. If you exercise before breakfast, you'll find it very hard because there's no energy in you. If you exercise right after a meal, you'll find it hard because your digestion needs blood to work, your muscles need blood to work, you can't do both - so you'll either tire out easily or throw up.

The workout drink is different because it's a liquid so it can digest really quickly.

As for amounts, since you want to get bigger, if you are ever hungry then you are not eating enough. You know when you reach that point in a meal and you say, "I've had enough"? Well, keep eating after that. Your body doesn't want to change, so your appetite adjusts to try to keep you the same. When you say, "I've had enough", that's your body saying, "stop eating now and you won't change a bit." You want to change, so keep eating.

You don't need any supplements, at 15 with your hormones that's like being on steroids. No, I'm not kidding. You naturally have a hormone level that 30 year old bodybuilders have to give themselves injections and spend $50,000 a year to get. Make the best of it :D