• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

muscle and broken bones / dissociations

gtrb26dett

Hey all,

I'm just curious if I build more muscle not a lot as I'm a chic and don't want to be huge.

Will this help prevent me from breaking bones and putting bones out of place?

As I have recently changed jobs and I get smashed into a lot of hard fences and hit the ground a lot. I break in horses.

Recently I smashed into a steel frame and took it out with my body. Which resulted in a dissociation of my AC joint. Which is killing I still have to work.

I was wondering if I had more muscle will it prevent me from hurting my bones as much???????

Yes, more muscle will pad your bones, and strengthen your joints.

But really it is never wise to be smashed into a metal fence by a large animal. Keep at it, and you will get hurt, even if you have the muscles of Marius the Polish strongman.

You should find a gentler job.

Yes, more muscle will pad your bones, and strengthen your joints.

But really it is never wise to be smashed into a metal fence by a large animal. Keep at it, and you will get hurt, even if you have the muscles of Marius the Polish strongman.

You should find a gentler job.

lol, it only happens sometimes only with the feral horses. Its all part of the job. I would not quit I love doing it. Its going to make me a great horse trainer resulting in a great business with a lot of clientele.

As a women you should train using the same basic exercises as men, the only difference is you intensity of work should be high but less than us blokes using relativly lighter weight and higher rep's.
Exercise to improve you stength through you full ROM which inturn improves flexibility.
Don't be afraid to use machines, a well designed machine is as good as a barbell if not better.

Your focus should be on pulling more the pushing.
Add a squatty movement and you are well on your way.

As a women you should train using the same basic exercises as men, the only difference is you intensity of work should be high but less than us blokes using relativly lighter weight and higher rep's.
Farken HELL, mate.

Where'd you learn that, at Curves? Famous for helping build women muscle with little pink dumbells and treadmills!

Men who want to build muscle should do heavy weights. Women who want to build muscle should do heavy weights. Same, same.

Women and men have different physiologies, but their muscles are the same, apart from variations due to frame shape and size (eg men have broader shoulders and narrower hips than women).

What is appropriate training depends on goals, it has nothing to do with what's in your pants.

This poor woman encounters enough horsesht in her job, she doesn't need to get it here.

Don't be afraid to use machines, a well designed machine is as good as a barbell if not better.
Who's afraid to use machines? People are afraid to use free weights, not machines.

Farken hell. You are going to get such a roasting in this place, I look forward to stoking the coals while you burn.

That is what I was thinking. Silverback, your advice is topsy turvy! Look at the PTC girls, they are fit, muscular AND strong. Girls should train just like guys do. Size comes from the dinner table.

I second the motion of Motorbike Gear.

I'll just poke my head in for a second.

I know Catherine, the OP. In her field, added weight is a no no.

For what she needs, the easiest way to obtain it is with machines.

the BEST way to obtain it is with the clean & press, and I dont mean washing and ironing Catherine.

Its okay, Catherine wont be C&P any time soon

That is what I was thinking. Silverback, your advice is topsy turvy! Look at the PTC girls, they are fit, muscular AND strong. Girls should train just like guys do. Size comes from the dinner table.

I second the motion of Motorbike Gear.

Hmmm, where am I topsy turvy?

One thing I have noticed on this forum is dogma.

One should train as hard as possible on the day.
A large percentage of women train fuelled by extrinsic motivation.

You've got to change that into intrinsic.

Read her post again.

Silver Back, Might i suggest having a look at Kyle's other threads, While he is not the most knowlagable person in the world he does know his stuff.

Also you will find a lot of people on here belive that machines are not the be all and end all of weight training and that most if not all of the exercises that you can do on a machine can be done with a free weights with a better result.

As for rb26dett question, i have read that heavy weight trainging can increase muscle density and there for the strenght of the bone, But as this was an online article i am unalbe to say if this is true.

What is the purpose of a forum?
Sorting the useful ideas from the bullsht.

Which means roasting people's bollocks from time to time. It just happens to be your turn.
Silverback said:
A large percentage of women train fuelled by extrinsic motivation.
Yes, hers is that she wants to reduce the chances of injury. The extrinsic motivation is the feel of a steel fence smashing into her. Most people would find that a rather strong extrinsic motivation.

Silverback said:
You've got to change that into intrinsic.
High reps low weight will not change her goals or motivation.

She stated a goal, we tell her how to achieve it. No mind games, "well I know she won't follow that advice so I'll give her some other advice which won't achieve her goals at all."

We know from past experience she'll most likely ignore everything we say and look for a quick fix anyway. But we should still be honest and straightforward, conversations work much better that way.

If she wanted long-term motivation she would hire someone by the hour. We provide information.