• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Help with whats in season

kindred

Is there a website or something that tells you when certain fruits and veg are in season and cheaper? I can remember when i was younger I got something like what i described from the royal adelaide show. It was a hand out given out by the fruit and veg people.

Im geeting ripped off blind because i have no idea what is reasonable and what isnt.

Any help would be awsome.

start shopping at the markets. hell of a lot cheaper.
broccolli should be about $4 kg max, carrots $2 1kg bag, tomatos $5/kg, stuff should nt cost to much unless its pistachios nuts, annoying they like $25/kg.

just go to markets and youll save heaps of money.. i only buy fruit and vegie from woolowrhts or coles if i have no other choice coz they are always so overpriced

I just came back from a dedicated fruit and veg place $20 later or 1x orange and a bunch of grapes im thinking no matter what i do i cant win.

ok well no.1 start looking at the prices before you buy it.. you msut of bought a kilo or more of grapes

Mate, go to the Adelaide markets, you still have those don't you?

If it's $2-$4 a kg, it's in season. Shop by price. Can't shop for vegies? Must be a skip :p

$20 for some grapes and an orange, bloody hell mate! If you have money to burn, send me some.

Or me!

Go to Asian grocers or food markets, their stuff is usually quite cheap. Broccoli $1-$2/kg, carrots $0.80-$1.20/kg, tomatoes $1-$2/kg, those are the prices I'm paying in Sydney.

We have asians yes but they have adopted our ways and sell stuff at grossly inflated prices. Or they probably just dont like me.