• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

help with bulking diet

blue

Hi all.:rolleyes:
Im new here. Just started going to the gym a few days ago, planning to go 3 times a week and maybe do 1 session of swimming (though im cautious of burning precious calories on aerobic excercise lawl)

anyway im trying to bulk up and i had a look at some other threads on bulking but really wanted some advice from you guys.

Im currently about 70kg 180cm.
ive been eating per day:

• 250g peanuts (50% fat, mostly unsaturated FTW!! totals about 1500 calories LOL)
  • 2 whole eggs
  • 3-4 pieces of bacon
  • bowl of rice
  • 185g can of tuna
  • about 500mL-1 liter of milk
  • couple of glasses of fruit juice
  • 2 bread rolls of 4 pieces of bread
  • some kind of meal like pasta or kfc lol.
yes thats not a very detailed list but it is accurate.
so is this way below enough or what? thoughts/ suggestions please.
oh yeah and i need to eat more fruit and vegetables lol.;)

also im not currently taking any supplements though i might have a protein drink straight after the gym which has about 30g protein in it. heehee:cool:

Look at the sticky's in the nutrition forum, there's some sample diets and tips to gaining mass.

If you want to bulk, then eat more.

When you are no longer hungry, eat some more.

Try that for a month, and see if you put on weight. If you do, keep going! If you lose weight or stay the same... eat some more.

Yes, I know your stomach does not want any more food. Your muscles don't want any more lifting, either - but if you want results, you have to train them both.

Eat more.

"so is this way below enough or what? "

Mate,that was prolly the biggest understatement I have seen here.
I am by no means hardcore and that would do me up till about lunchtime.

Eat 3 meals a day. Then drink 3 meals a day made up of the following:

1. 400ml apple juice or apricot nectar or full cream milk
2. 30g WPC. If lactose intolerant, then change it to WPI
3. 30g Oatmass
4. 1 or 2 eggs
5. 1tbs macadamia oil
6. 2 pitted prunes

Blend the above well in a blender and enjoy the great taste. I've given you three taste options which all taste great in their own way.

Now multiply that by three and be consistent for 4 weeks. Train with the basics three times a week and be brief. If your weight does not increase, then I give you permission to sue me!

PS: Your weight will go up; I don't like to be sued :)!

Fadi.

"so is this way below enough or what? "

Mate,that was prolly the biggest understatement I have seen here.
I am by no means hardcore and that would do me up till about lunchtime.

that would do me up until my 6:00 workout but then i'll need post workout, dinner and bedtime meal.

i was just finding out what oatmass is..

" 2 Scoops Oatmass with 1 Scoop Protein, 3 times per day, will give you over a 1000 extra good calories per day."

i see your point fadi. ;)

i also bought some 92% WPI yesterday, nice 1.9 kgs so that should help.
darn it i worked out on friday night and ive still got a bit of DOMS lol.
probly because i hadnt worked out for like a year.

also.

if im trying to gain weight, is it imperative that i do low reps of high weight like 3x5.. at the moment im doing like 3x12 lol.

thanks for all your help. keep it coming ;)

im on a bulking diet,nothing fancy but its simple if you havent got time or on a budget, I eat even sized meals 5times a day
most meals are a can of tuna and a can of mixed veges drained then dumped into a bowl and away you go,you will probably almost dry reach at the smell of the tuna after 3 straight weeks lol.but gained about 3 kgs in 3-4 weeks same bodyfat at 11%.get some fibre in at dinner to stay healthy.good luck