• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Whats cheaper?

kindred

Whats cheaper makeing a simple leafy salad or getting one already made?

if its cheaper to buy the ingredients what sort of stuff should i look for?

I dont know why but vegtables always confuse me. Im ok with fruits but vegtables for some reason really confuse me.

cheaper to make one. i normally make mine out of baby spinach, red onion and cucumber and maybe celery and carrot. throw in some chicken breast, olive oil and balsamic vinegar or lemon juice and your done

Buy whatever you like.
I use.
Iceberg lettuce
Carrot
Beetroot
Red onion
Tomato
Cucumber (sometimes)
Low fat shredded cheese
Low fat Italian dressing

Always cheaper to make your own.

There are a gazillion kinds of salads, it goes beyond the pub's lettuce-and-tomato side with the steak. Here are some recipes.

i'm with the rest of em , cheaper to make your own , i steer clear of the grass clipping type salads the one's that always seem to come with meals at places

If you have sufficient free time and are not on a high salary/income, cheaper to make yourself.
If you are time poor, but on a high salary/income, cheaper to have it made for you.

Try this salad, throw in some grated carrot, chopped avacado, chopped tomato, baby spinach, tuna, drizzle some cold pressed olive oil, balsamic vinegar and pepper. Its the yummiest salad ever! Can add cucumber too!

I found a salad I like but dont know what the ingedients are! I had a look at the veg section of both a supermarket and a fruit and veg shop and couldnt recoginse the ingedients.

I dont care what anyone says the hardest part of a healthy lifestyle is shoping for the ingredients.

It's just a different lifestyle, kindred. You get used to it. I would find it hard to eat McDs and KFC now, the last time I tried Red Rooster I threw up afterwards, too greasy.

It's not inherently hard, it's just different. You try it for a while and slowly get used to it.

I have this every now and then:

Get a 500g can of tuna in olive oil, 1 lemon, lettuce, carrot, spinich, red onion and maybe steam some broccoli.

Mix. Cut lemon in half and squeeze the juice in. That's 2 meals.

Some fast food pizza's give me bad re-action - especially the ones with a pile of shredded ham on them, just too much grease and salt. If I eat 4 slices I'm up in the middle of the night with stomach cramps ****ting it out!

My staple is greek salad!

• 1 x Lebanese Cucumber
  • 1 x Tomato
  • 1/2 x Capsicum
  • 1/4 x Spanish onion
  • low fat fetta cheese
  • some marinated olives
Dice all the ingredients, not too finely though. Mix them all together and throw on some dressing of choice. I either use balsamic and extra virgin olive oil or occasionally make my own concoction with extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, dijon mustard, minced garlic, oregano and thyme.

The above will do you two meals with some chicken or other protein on the side.