• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Super Deadlifting

PowerBuilder

Hey Guys & Girls.

All afternoon i had thought about & looked forward to maxing out on the deadlift. I also put a lot of thought into thrusting my hips forward to get the famous 'hip drive' that i hear so much about. To be honest, i hadn't put a lot of conscious effort into it before.

As i made more of an effort to drive my hips forward while lifting, i found i could actually move More weight. I'll be honest, i was lifting from the bottom pins on the power rack, but still, i managed to add a few good kg's onto my lift just by driving my hips forward, making sure my sternum was directly over the bar, a high chest, arse out & filling my belly with a whole lot of air.

Stay tuned for a youtube clip!

Hey Guys & Girls.

All afternoon i had thought about & looked forward to maxing out on the deadlift. I also put a lot of thought into thrusting my hips forward to get the famous 'hip drive' that i hear so much about. To be honest, i hadn't put a lot of conscious effort into it before.

As i made more of an effort to drive my hips forward while lifting, i found i could actually move More weight. I'll be honest, i was lifting from the bottom pins on the power rack, but still, i managed to add a few good kg's onto my lift just by driving my hips forward, making sure my sternum was directly over the bar, a high chest, arse out & filling my belly with a whole lot of air.

Stay tuned for a youtube clip!

Why weren't you lifting from the ground mate? - were you doing rack deads??

What weight did you get?

I suspect PB is doing rack pulls to improve the top of his?

What has happened to your log man?

Yeah, I"m doing pin pulls (deadlifting off pins) to fine tune the top part of my deadlift, in a few weeks I'll increase the ROM to allow for more distance traveled. I called it quit's at 170k, I could've gone a bit heavier, but i was already running pretty late for previously made appointment

Yeah, the journal. Sorry about that fella'. A few things have came up, family, work & a few other commitments, which resulted in training not being as regular as i wanted. I've maintained a good, solid clean diet though. I'll restart the journal monday' eh

Thanks boss. It means a lot. I tell ya' what, I'll video me going for it again on saturday & upload it that afternoon. I should also point out, that i was standing on an aero box, I'm not sure how high it is, maybe 1 or 2 inches high. I'm 165cm's tall @ 68kg

It will be in our next vid. The funniest part about it is the others simply walking around him paying no attention lol....its only 300kg lol

That really amuses me, there were 12 lifters in the gym when he did it, no one stopped to watch lol

Poor Nick, what must he do to be recognized lol

It will be in our next vid. The funniest part about it is the others simply walking around him paying no attention lol....its only 300kg lol

That really amuses me, there were 12 lifters in the gym when he did it, no one stopped to watch lol

Poor Nick, what must he do to be recognized lol

if he lifts 300kg & nobody bat's an eye lid....then i'm a little puzzled like you! haha
i can't wait to see the clip

When he ran with 150kg, did you see anybody in the street watching?

The gym was full of people.

Its just Nick, everyone expects it lol

33.jpg

Here is Ronnie (nievs) deadlifting 200kg.

His previously tested PB was 170kg. Old James (monkeyman) was 160kg.

Since I got the power rack from Gym Direct, they havent pulled a regular deadlift off the floor.

Yesterday Ronnie upped his PB by 30kg to 200kg and James managed 180kg, up 20kg. For those that dont know, James is 60 years old. Neither used a belt, they never have.

Rack pulls, deadlifts off blocks and UDL's, plus box squats.

Hey PTC, I'm pretty new to DL's and for the first time today I used the same grip techneque that is show in your pic above. I noticed I could lift 10kg more this way without losing grip as easy. Do you know if it's acceptable to continue alternating forehand grips after each set for the rest of my days, or is this oposing grip method not to be used all the time? Also do you guys reccommend any specific gloves to buy to assist in better grip? I've got cheapo ones that actually reduce grip :(

Cheers

I hate to break it to you Baz, but all gloves reduce grip lol

Mixed grip is always the best grip when going for a maximum effort.

If your goal is to improve grip strength, use a clean grip.

If your nuts, use a snatch grip.

Congratulations on deadlifting Baz, well done, great decision.

My advice to you is to use a mixed grip exclusively on deadlifts and do Farmers Walk for grip strength.

Good luck