• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

I thought milk was good is this guy a nut?

Do not worry, milk will not give you ovarian cancer, Kindred.

Seriously, milk is fine, soy is fine, meat is fine, carrots are fine, all these things are good for you... in moderation. That is, make sure you have a wide variety of foods, do not drink only milk or eat only chicken or whatever. Have lots of different stuff.

Plus, most of the studies they do trying to show that this or that food gives you cancer, they do them on sedentary individuals. If you leave your bike outside in the rain over the winter and it gets rusty, did the rain cause the rust, or was it really that you weren't riding and caring for the bike?

i have a nagging feeling that many studies have a pre-determined outcome in mind at the beginning and often aren't broad enough to give 'true' findings. It's a generalisation i know but there's just not enough solid information in that blurb to make an informed decision that milk is bad. Doesn't help that the author deosn't like it.

You could always give the good doc's special cocoa powder a try (wonder if that's been peer reviewed to make sure it's above the line?).

i have a nagging feeling that many studies have a pre-determined outcome in mind at the beginning and often aren't broad enough to give 'true' findings.

sorry to go off topic a bit here but when you talk about studies having a pre-determined outcome here is a perfect example . The study that came out years ago that eggs where bad for you and are full of cholesterolwas actually funded by The American Grain Growers Foundation. Have a think about that!!:)

Cows drink milk humans don`t.Or at least we didn`t a loooooong time ago.
We have developed certain enzymes so we have evolved to be able to digest milk.
20 or 30 years ago ( maybe even longer-can`t remember) when obesity and associated diseases were increasing everything was demonized.Eggs,potatoes,milk,cheese,meat,the list goes on and on but it was all just massive BS.
Even as a kid my brother,sister and I used to drink litres of it.We had 2 10l bags delivered every week and none of us had/any problems.