• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

So many meals!

Jman_898

Hey guys and gals, have you ever struggled to get enough nutrients into your system in 1 day? i find that if i sleep in for even an hour i start to run out of time to have all my meals in a day... im gaining mass at the moment so im having 6 meals a day with roughly 65grams carbs 40 grams protein and at most 20 grams fat... still trying to keep that a little bit lower tho(my 7th meal is just cottage cheese at night) . i train 6 days a week on a concentration program, i also work full time 8 till 5 mon-friday as a mechanic. hence why i have to keep up my nutrition and rest... my schedule is tight at the best of times... have any of you got any good tips on how to play catch up on carbs and protein without having to sit down and cook yourself a hearty meal?

Prepare some of your food for the week on the weekend.

What is a cocentraition program? What does you program look like?

yeah i try to prepare stuff on the weekend, my concentration program is individual muscle groups each day of the week pretty much, saturday is my legs day so ill spend a little more there than usual and rest on sunday. but i only do 1 muscle group on each week day to try and cut down on time since im always on the go even after work....

I space my meals 3 hrs apart.
7am
10am
1pm
4pm
Post work out shake
7.30pm
10-10.30pm

6 meals + 1 post workout shake.

If you don't have time to fit in so many small meals, just have less larger meals.
3 or 4 meals a day still works very well, as long as the calorie totals are the same.

thanks guys. yeah ive been trying to eat 3 hours apart but sometimes if i get caught up in something and miss it by an hour then i struggle to eat another meal in 2 hours time and it throws my whole day off.... ive contemplated going back to the way i was eating before. hungry = eating time, plenty of proteins and fresh veggies with sertain times of day ill eat high carbs like lunch and 3 hours or so pre training. i was sertainly gaining muscle so i know i had good input but i tried to fine tune it now by adding more carbs and controlling my protein intake more but my stomach cant take it. i may just have to go back to 4-5 meals a day and not wrap my head around what im eating as much as counting protein/carb/fat ratio per meals.... thanks very much guys :)

^Ah that made me laugh. I have never seen a short answer from Fadi before.

If you eat a good whole food diet you should not have an issue Jman.

I did think for 5 seconds but could not honestly come up with anything except for the answer I had given!

Fadi.

thanks anyways guys. i was never expecting something like a miracle to happen. just wasnt sure if there may have been some certain foods that i havent found yet which can rack up high numbers of calories in a single meal... i do try eating good whole foods... maby im just horrible at maths and iv calculated something wrong lol...

lol thanks... im still new to the whole nutrition side of things so i havent really planned out many strict diets for myself before...

lol thanks... im still new to the whole nutrition side of things so i havent really planned out many strict diets for myself before...

Have you taken a look at the 4000 calorie food plan I've put up on Ausbb? There are a 2200, 2800, 3200, 4000, and a not recommended 13500+ calorie eating plan. Check the sane ones out Jeremy, you never know, you might like something there.

They are for strength athletes as opposed to an endurance one.

Fadi.

to tell you the truth i havent found those yet... thanks fadi much appreciated mate. ill check it out now.
before this i had tried planning out my own 4000calorie eating plan (calculated i need about 3800+) and after a couple of days trying to keep up with it i felt so bloated and horrid that i couldnt even train properly so i ditched it all together and went back to how i was eating... my old ways i atleast had plenty of natural fats, probably 40g protein too much per day... but my carbs were lacking some 120g per day maby even more... cheers tho, im still in hypertrophy stage for about another 6 months and then after that i plan to work on some strength training programs.... (still very new to this... well in comparison to the knowledge shown by you guys on this forum lol, sometimes i feel like my questions are stupid... but i guess i dont always ask things the right way...please be patient with me guys lol)

No need to feel intimidated in the least Sir. Every single one of us here was a beginner at some stage in his/her life. After 29 years of involvement, I myself am still learning. And yes, I do learn from guys like you Jeremy.

I don't speak for anyone else here, but I myself like all sorts of questions and like people who asks them. There's a saying that goes something like this: better to sound like a fool for a moment then to live in ignorance for the rest of your life.

Jeremy, to find anything I've written or anyone else has written for that matter; just click on my profile then go to statistics and from there to Find all threads started by Fadi . All the best.

PS: One of the reasons you felt bloated could be due to the sudden increase in calories instead of the gradual easing into it if you like.

Fadi.

No need to feel intimidated in the least Sir. Every single one of us here was a beginner at some stage in his/her life. After 29 years of involvement, I myself am still learning. And yes, I do learn from guys like you Jeremy.

I don't speak for anyone else here, but I myself like all sorts of questions and like people who asks them. There's a saying that goes something like this: better to sound like a fool for a moment then to live in ignorance for the rest of your life.

Jeremy, to find anything I've written or anyone else has written for that matter; just click on my profile then go to statistics and from there to Find all threads started by Fadi . All the best.

PS: One of the reasons you felt bloated could be due to the sudden increase in calories instead of the gradual easing into it if you like.

Fadi.

Thank you very much Fadi, i very much appreciate your honesty in things and your shining outlook on everything. i do feel intimidated sometimes because i seem to learn alot of things by reading but when i try to put some things into practice it back fires lol... i will deffinately read over all your threads in which you have started. i never knew i could just click your profile and search your threads.... to some these forums may be basic, and me being a young bloke should be good with computers... right? wrong :p im hopeless with these dam things... my last computer ended its life when something stopped working and i proceeded to kick it some more and then launched if off my balcony lol
I will be sure to try and ease myself into eating more carbs, and i will give your 4000 calorie diet a try eventually. for now i have gone back to my old (yet still healthy) eating habbits.... cheers