• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bulking diet

B

BREEBREE

Morning 7:10 - 2 Tomato's, 4 Pieces of low fat bacon, 1 soft boiled eggs, 1 piece of toast 2 very low fat sausages.

Lunch 10:40 and 1:15 - 2 pieces of fruit, tuna and potato, salad sammich and a coke packet or 2 of sultanas

After school 5:00 - usually sultanas and water or banana/tuna/fruit

Dinner 6:30 - Carrots/Broccoli/Potato/Lean steak/water
- Lean steak and chips cooked in good oils
- Roast lamb with carrots/broccoli/potato/spinnich/onion
- Spaghetti bolognaise

anything i can add to it?

i will add oats in a few days a week hopefully too.

Triple it if you want to bulk.

Edit: Unless of course the four dinners are all eaten each day. Lol

Morning 7:10 - 2 Tomato's, 4 Pieces of low fat bacon, 1 soft boiled eggs, 1 piece of toast 2 very low fat sausages.

Lunch 10:40 and 1:15 - 2 pieces of fruit, tuna and potato, salad sammich and a coke packet or 2 of sultanas

After school 5:00 - usually sultanas and water or banana/tuna/fruit

Dinner 6:30 - Carrots/Broccoli/Potato/Lean steak/water
- Lean steak and chips cooked in good oils
- Roast lamb with carrots/broccoli/potato/spinnich/onion
- Spaghetti bolognaise

anything i can add to it?

i will add oats in a few days a week hopefully too.

Bree, I know this is going to sound like a huge shock to you, but here goes anyway. If you asked and said: "hey Fadi, I'm bulking up to put on some serious beef on my frame; what do you think of the above for breakfast?" I would have said; great!

I did warn you...

Fadi.

are you people serious?!?!?!?!??!
triple what he is eating!!:eek::eek::eek:
You fellas must crap out trees.
Fadi you said eat all that just for breakie. You people must have Hours and hours of preperation and eating time before you go to work or whatever

Hey WannaBStrong, I have eaten the following today:

Woke up 6.00am - ran 3.2km (8 laps of running track), 3 x 50m, 2 x 100m, 10 x 20m sprints

7.00 - protein shake - 500ml milk, 1 scoop whey, 1 scoop powdered milk, 1 banana. Then went and had a shower and stuff.
7.45 - prepared 5 egg omelette with musroom, ham and tomato. Put it on the stove and went to get dressed for work and get my son ready for school. Came back and ate it with a cup of coffee at abou 8.00.
8.30 - took son to school
9.00 - 300ml glass of milk & went to work
10.00 - tin of tuna and some low fat crackers
11.30 - 2 peanut butter sandwiches
12.30 - 1/2 chicken and salad
2.30 - a honey sandwich and 500ml milk
4.00 - banana and 300ml milk
4.45 - workout
6.00 - pwo - 2 scoop whey, 400ml milk
7.30 - 300g chicken, 150g turkey breast with veges
9.30 - i will go to bed after having about 300-400g of yoghurt.

Im not sure im eating enough, so Im pretty sure BreeBree is not. In terms of preparation, i may have spent an hour in the kitchen, in which time i also cooked my fiance and sons dinner, made his breakfast and made lunch for all 3 of us.

And i have only had one crap today. :p

Mat

just to let you know, i am not the same build as all of you's im only small hahaha 167cm 58.6kg, if i put anymore in my gut i'd probably die D: but i will try my best, so basically you guys are saying, eat anything as long as its not too bad for you?

My goal weight is to be 64-66kg with at MOST 9% body fat thats my long term goal, so if that helps at all then good :)

Last edited:
Bree, forget about bodyfat % at the moment. You can think about that when you cut. That doesn't mean you should go 20%+ in bodyfat either, just EAT! If you are having trouble getting the calories add milk to your diet, 2L of milk each day = 1250 cals and 60g protein. Alot of guys drink 4L a day.

A morning shake along with that breakfast would help.

500ml Full Cream Milk
1 Banana
100g Oats
1 scoop protein
1 tblspn honey

Cals ~1000
Protein ~70 - 80g

It will sure help you.

Hey Josh, do you use unflavoured protein with that? I only have chocolate biobulker and not sure if that would go too well with the banana/honey etc. Sorry to hijack bree

I use Vanilla protein for that. I only ever buy Vanilla protein as it is the most versatile. unflavoured would probably be even better.

are you people serious?!?!?!?!??!
triple what he is eating!!:eek::eek::eek:
You fellas must crap out trees.
Fadi you said eat all that just for breakie. You people must have Hours and hours of preperation and eating time before you go to work or whatever

Please see the above post. Thank you.

Fadi.

I have added quick oats and numerous other health snacks such as honey/mixed nut bars and apricot squares

You need to eat more if you want to bulk. My food today:

0730 cup of rolled oats, 1/2 glass milk, tablespoon honey, 1 glass OJ
1000 4x slices grainy bread, lettuce, tomato, 200g cheese, apple, glass of water
1200 bowl rice with dahl, banana, apple, glass of water
1400 apple, handful almonds
1600 workout drink, 500ml milk + 3 eggs + 100g skim milk powder, half now
workout
1730 second half of workout drink
1830 pasta with tuna & tomato sauce
2100 2x slices white toast with butter & nutella

Seems like a lot, but for me it only leads to 1kg weight gain per month. If I were really serious about bulking, I'd up it a lot.

By comparison, my physical activity is 3x weights workout a week, 3x 13km round trips on bicycle, and 2x 5km runs each week. That's a reasonable amount of physical activity, if I was just watching tv all the time I'd probably put on 3kg a month ;)

Most "hardgainers", when you look at their diets, it turns out they don't eat very much. Just as people underestimate how much exercise they have to do to change their body, so too do they underestimate how much they'd have to eat to change it, too.

You need to eat more if you want to bulk. My food today:

0730 cup of rolled oats, 1/2 glass milk, tablespoon honey, 1 glass OJ
1000 4x slices grainy bread, lettuce, tomato, 200g cheese, apple, glass of water
1200 bowl rice with dahl, banana, apple, glass of water
1400 apple, handful almonds
1600 workout drink, 500ml milk + 3 eggs + 100g skim milk powder, half now
workout
1730 second half of workout drink
1830 pasta with tuna & tomato sauce
2100 2x slices white toast with butter & nutella

Seems like a lot, but for me it only leads to 1kg weight gain per month. If I were really serious about bulking, I'd up it a lot.

By comparison, my physical activity is 3x weights workout a week, 3x 13km round trips on bicycle, and 2x 5km runs each week. That's a reasonable amount of physical activity, if I was just watching tv all the time I'd probably put on 3kg a month ;)

Most "hardgainers", when you look at their diets, it turns out they don't eat very much. Just as people underestimate how much exercise they have to do to change their body, so too do they underestimate how much they'd have to eat to change it, too.

The thing is with me is i cant eat whenever i want during the week due to school, i cant be munching on food while doing school work. its going to have to be a 10:40am and 1:15pm thats my lunch breaks. if thats not a problem then ill shove everything i can find into my mouth. i've been trying to eat a lot more the last few days and already i've noticed a lot more energy to train and complete general tasks.

saying that, im about to go eat about 200g of sustain along with 1 banana 2 packets of 50g sultanas + apples and 350ml milk. sound good? i think so.

You don't have to eat six times a day. It just makes it easier to eat a lot. It's easier to have 6x medium meals than 3x huge meals.

Some people will talk about insulin spiking and going catabolic and stuff but there's very little scientific evidence for it. As for results, well...

sr194.jpg

Steve Reeves had, he said

Breakfast Power drink
14 fl oz of freshly squeezed orange juice
tbsp of Knox gelatin
tbsp of honey
banana
2-4 raw eggs
2 tbsp of High-Protein Powder (which he made himself, 1 part egg white powder, 1 part skim milk powder, 2 parts soy powder)

Lunch
cottage cheese (with a handful of nuts, raisins)
2 pieces of fresh fruit

Dinner
huge salad
swordfish steak (or turkey, tuna, or lean ground beef)

So you can get great results from 3 meals a day. It's just a lot harder to consume.

Don't worry about the times, or how many meals you have. Just get a metric shtload of food down you. If you find that easier with 3 meals, 6, 10, 1 or whatever, doesn't matter. Just leave a couple of hours after a meal before squatting ;)

Last edited: