• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Anyone make their own protein/carb shake?

M

menco

Just after something i can use to up my intake of protein and carbs during the day and after a workout without having to pay for expensive protein powders. As i am finding it hard to gain size with alot of food alone.

Yeah mate, lots of us. Have a search around here and you will find lots of info.

What is your diet like? Are you eating so much it is becoming hard to keep shovelling it down?

What is your diet like? Are you eating so much it is becoming hard to keep shovelling it down?

LOL

sp_0102_08_v6.jpg

I have a really late egg shake before bed. 6 egg whites some topping and a dash of milk in the blender. Seems to stop muscle soreness almost overnight too.

Like Rocky but a tad less ookie.:):):)

Last edited:
Dont think i could stomach that many eggs everyday, not a big fan

I defiantly dont eat as much as i once was. I just found that my waist size was increasing and nothing else (this was with weight training 4-5 days a week). Did make it to 76kgs. As soon as i stopped eating so much i lost 4 kgs in 3 weeks. Have cut back a bit but mainly looks like this atm:

Brekky
Wheetbix with milk, Banana Or Spagetti with 3-4 slices of toast (need protein here but not a big fan of cooking eggs every morning)

Morning tea
Ham and cheese sandwich, can of tuna with crackers

Lunch
Big meal of any sort with rice potatoes veges etc, side of salad and bowl of fruit salad

Arvo
San Remo one serve of pasta (need some protein here)

Dinner
Chicken and rice or meat and pasta with veges

Late Night
Yoghurt and 2-3 rice cakes

Last edited:
I'm old old school. I tend to have a 50/50 ratio of protein and carbs on my plate. ie not scientifically speaking but just plate looks that way. ie intention

The eggs can make one a bit stinky if eaten daily.

LOL

A mate of mine went on a self imposed egg white diet in 1992 to get cut up for a comp. That is ALL he would eat for 6 weeks. He was super thin and super cut but also the smelliest human ever to have lived.

We hated him. You have no idea.

LOL

Dont think i could stomach that many eggs everyday, not a big fan

I defiantly dont eat as much as i once was. I just found that my waist size was increasing and nothing else (this was with weight training 4-5 days a week). Did make it to 76kgs. As soon as i stopped eating so much i lost 4 kgs in 3 weeks. Have cut back a bit but mainly looks like this atm:

Brekky
Wheetbix with milk, Banana Or Spagetti with 3-4 slices of toast (need protein here but not a big fan of cooking eggs every morning)

Morning tea
Ham and cheese sandwich, can of tuna with crackers

Lunch
Big meal of any sort with rice potatoes veges etc, side of salad and bowl of fruit salad

Arvo
San Remo one serve of pasta (need some protein here)

Dinner
Chicken and rice or meat and pasta with veges

Late Night
Yoghurt and 2-3 rice cakes

haha, glad I dont know anyone that has done that vader!

I dont make my own shake but bioflex's biobulker is only $98 for 4kg which = $1.48 per serve, doesnt get much cheaper than that. I only take it after training 3 times a week, should get 21 weeks out of a tub.

My own shake consists of 1 cup of oats, scoop of unflavoured WPC, 1 banana, fill it with milk, blend him up with the stab blender and chug. I have 1 for my first breakfast and before training.
Another shake (if you can call it that) consists of, 500g chicken, turkey or lean beef mince, 1 kg frozen veg , 2 400g cans of red kidney beans. Cook up the chicken, then chuck in the veg and beans and water, let it boil. Let it cool, blend it up and you have a sort of power soup shake thingy. I split this up into 4 serves and have them in the mornings hot.
Now your thinking this sounds gross but try it and you will be surprised

500ml full cream milk + 3 eggs + 100g skim milk powder​

that's 80-something grams of carbs, 70-something grams of protein, and 40-something grams of fat, all for $1.74.

I drink half before and half after my workout. Fuuuuuuueeel.

Use the Plain WPI/WPC.

No food you can buy is this cheap for the amount of protein you get out of it...

Last edited by a moderator:
mine
2 scoops whey
10gm glutamine
1 cup oats
Banana or blueberries
300ml milk
200ml water
Ice cubes for coldness

put in blender

In a 600ml bottle (empty gatorade ones), i have the following:
250ml of milk
2 eggs
25g of powdered milk
a service of AST Sports Science VP2
The rest is water.

i find it easy to drink and theres so much protein in that. so so much. its easy to add another egg, higher powdered milk amounts and i could easily just put in 500ml of Milk too.

I have a really late egg shake before bed. 6 egg whites some topping and a dash of milk in the blender. Seems to stop muscle soreness almost overnight too.

I would be very careful eating raw eggs if I was you, It can make you badly sick.
Here are a few tips we use when using raw eggs in mayos etc (I am a chef)

1)Use only caged eggs,It has been scientifically proven they carry less bacteria than their free roaming mates
2)Wash the egg under cold running water (You can even use a mild detergent/water solution) dry and crack.......

How come the free range ones have less bacteria,? Is it because they are not contaminated by the outside world?

You can not digest raw egg white protein as readily as cooked whites so you are losing out on nutrients and chancing being sick due to bacteria as earlier stated
Posted via Mobile Device

You can not digest raw egg white protein as readily as cooked whites so you are losing out on nutrients and chancing being sick due to bacteria as earlier stated
Posted via Mobile Device

Well raw eggs contian an enzyme that hinder protein digestion.. However they also have other enzymes raw that are great for you.. thats why i ingest 4 eggs and 60g of whey in the one shake ...

As for caged eggs the bacteria would be due to the fact that they lace the chickens with antibiotics. I dont think I have ever heard of anyone dying from eating a raw egg.

Obviously in hospitality everything is OHS blah blah.. Shit in my course they want us to clear door handles with alcohol after every client.

But this is the real world and eating organic free range eggs raw is not going to kill you...

No one said you would die there is a higher chance of getting ill and anything that makes you take a break from lifting comes from the devil.
Posted via Mobile Device

No one said you would die there is a higher chance of getting ill and anything that makes you take a break from lifting comes from the devil.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ill let you all know when i get sick..

How come the free range ones have less bacteria,? Is it because they are not contaminated by the outside world?

Must be, the amount of bacteria which free range eggs possess is amazing compared to the caged ones.