• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Applesauce Peanut Butter Squares

M

MADDYSMUM

APPLESAUCE PEANUT BUTTER SQUARES.

Ingredients....

1/4 cup butter
1 cup powdered sweetner (splenda,equal)
3/4 cup peanut butter crunchy or smooth
1 1/4 cup flour, wholemeal preferably
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 cup low fat/sugar apple sauce
1 egg
1/4 tsp salt

Directions....

Cream the butter. Gradually add the sweetner, blending well. Add the peanut butter and egg and blend well. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg, mixing well. Add to the creamed mixture alternately with the applesauce.
Pour the batter into a greased 8-inch square pan. Bake in a preheated 350 Degree F. oven for about 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool, in the pan, for 10 minutes and cut into squares.

I will be trying these out on the weekend..mmm:p

THE INGREDIENTS ALL LOOK OK TO ME.

Last edited:
Sounds interesting, you will have to email me some Angie.

Angie, what I really love about this recipe is the fat content. I'm all for fat, especially good fat like butter, egg, and nuts. I'll stand behind Josh the man to receive my share... :D. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Fadi.

No problem Fadi, anytime. They aught to be nice..and I looovee peanut butter..mmm.
By the way, what kind of peanut butter do you all have if you have it? I just picked up some Dick smith crunchy peanut butter and its so smooth and tasty. Ill be buying that from now on.

Sanitarium make a Natural Peanut Butter that isn't bad. Their (Sanitarium) normal peanut butter is no added sugar or salt and I don't think there is much difference between the both.

By the way, what kind of peanut butter do you all have if you have it? I just picked up some Dick smith crunchy peanut butter and its so smooth and tasty. Ill be buying that from now on.

Whatever does not smell or taste rancid is good Angie. Once I buy a nut product and find it's rancid, I never buy from that particular company again. Once beaten twice shy!

PS: you can always make your own. I'm heavy into nuts. Not so much peanuts, but others for sure.

Fadi.

Josh - I have the natural sanitarium peanut butter, but I feel its got a weird texture, very runny, and kinda tastes a bit weird too. Your right, there is not much of a diff between both.

I find that the natural oil settles to the top of the Peanut Butter. You need to give it a good stir and it spreads through the paste better. It does taste a bit better this way. Personally, I don't like all the chunky bits, so I chop and change a bit.

I bought the normal Sanitarium stuff just the other day and I don't mind it at all.

I will have to try that one. But try the dick smith one, its really nice.