• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Effort and results - linked

PTC

I was reading a thread lately, and its a common subject, about results.

Now you guys have read my newsletters, my whole mantra at PTC is results. We train to improve performance. Its why its called what it is.

So if your body composition isnt changing, its going to be one of two things, eating or training.

If you feel you have got the eating part right, and you still dont look like you lift, then youre either mistaken or training without effort.

Most think they train with effort, most havent got a clue. Sadly most live in denial, and never come to the realisation that they train poorly.

Now a key indicator that your at least training with effort, is the weight your using on exercises. Regardless of your progress with your physique, if your really training hard, your lifts will be going up.

How much? Well, I have had a few lifting virgins, but only one that has done 100% of his lifting with me. He looks incredible, but thats due to his commitment in ensuring there is a milk shortage in Victoria.

If you cant squat double bodyweight in 2 full years of training, you've been piss farting around, end of story. You may have wasted the first year doing leg extensions and leg press, which I call piss farting around, but in 2 years of lifting, you should squat double bodyweight.

Max first squatted 110kg @ 55kg after 6 months of lifting. In 18 months since that day, he still squats 160kg @ 70kg. Sure its easy for a 55kg guy, even if he is 15 with only 6 months lifting, but a 160kg squat seems beyond most on here, even those they weigh 90kg and have lifted for 3-5 years. Some much heavier and lifting for much longer.

You should not be surprised if your not meeting your goals if you cant pass this simple test.

I chose the squat because it requires the most effort, the key ingredient.

If you can double bodyweight squat, everything else is easy. And you'll actually look like you lift.

I know this is aimed at me... If I train so wrong why doesnt some one come here and show me then?? I have travelled to melbourne several times to see other people for advice, I am yet to try and get to you PTC, but all have been the same, tell me I am wrong do this do that, dont actually show me anything and then $200 later i leave with a bit of jotted note paper "Train hard do these exercises: ..... " Useless really. And also interpretation of hard may differ. For me hard is when I am training, I feel short of breath, I am sweating, I am red in the face, I am shaking from fatigue. That is what I define as knowing if I trained hard.

No modo that is very much directed at nearly everyone on here, as marcos states there are few that are doing double body weight squats..

Just to clear it up guys, I am not angry I should probably write that in the posts... I agree completly with you Markos I think we should be lifting double body weight for squats etc. I want to do it so badly.

No you dont modo, you think you do.

I really want to powerclean 140kg, but I know how hard that is and the work required, so I dont start, therefore I never fail. That is weakness on my behalf.

Its easy to pick the guys that are striving for a goal.

One guy on here posted up that he wanted to improve his vertical leap. No he doesnt. He needs to clean, squat and deadlift. Instead, he rows, curls and presses.

Another guy on here wants to squat 160kg. No he doesnt, he does fluff instead.

you say you want to squat double bodyweight, but you dont. Your workouts have never been geared to squatting double bodyweight.

Admittedly your doing Fadi's program now, and the goals are different, but in the past, I see no evidence of you wanting to squat double bodyweight.

Please dont mistake someone SAYING they want to do something with someone actually WORKING towards that goal.

I can read anyones journal and tell them what theyre actually GOING to achieve, rather than what they WANT to achieve.

You mentioned money. When have I ever asked you for a cent, yet you still never came. Stick it out with Fadi, finish what you started now. You shouldve explained to Fadi that you WANTED to squat double bodyweight BEFORE he started you on the program your on.

If Fadi is anything like me, he would get very upset if he has wasted his time helping you only for you to piss off and do another program before it finished.

So true, it is one thing to say something and another thing to take the steps to get there.

Thats exactly right Josh. Max now wants to squat triple bodyweight, so last night we started the process.

He could've settled for 50kg x 20 for umpteen sets, and rested 10 seconds and made it very hard, but in no way would that have had him 1mm closer to squatting 200kg.

Instead he did deload box squats with 220kg.

Thats what I mean by I can tell you what your going to achieve by reading your journal, and sadly, for most lifters, its not very much.

I read most journals on here and ns.com. Most cant handle my honesty, so I dont post in their journals, but I do in those that have met me and understand my motives.

I welcome your honesty in any of my journals Markos. I don't like beating around the bush or wasting my own time. Anytime you think I need to be told, go for your life.

Bloody hell Max, 200kg! I just want to get to 160kg by the end of this year, then I will aim for 180kg. My last squat session was **** as though. Farken.

Because Max has been able to achieve all the goals he has set, like squat double bodyweight, one and a half times bodyweight x 20, 100kg clean, 100kg overhead, 400lb deadlift, he doesnt see boundries.

He has no reason or proof that he cant achieve anything he wants, so he just goes about his lifting in a consistent way, and has done from day one.

He doesnt willy nilly change his session or program on a whim. Each session brings him one step closer to his goals.

He has now added 210kg to his 5 lift total in 13 months, from 450kg 9/08 to 660kg 10/09.

Go into the gym to get strong, eat to get big/lean....dont get the 2 confused.

PTC, I'm with Josh on this one. I consider myself to be at the beginning of journey and I'm here to learn. I understand that there are people here who know a sh!tload more than i do. That knowledge can be used to improve my strength, wellbeing and appearance. If I'm too proud or stubborn to take that advice I sabotage my goals. I'm happy when someone jumps in with a suggestion.

Good to know.....where you named after a Magic Dragon, where your parents flower children from the 60's...stoners

Just messin with ya

Yes I agree here too.
PTC i just dont know how to set goals, as I have said many times, if I ha any idea of what I could achieve i would do it. I just dont know.

Modo, you can set goals. I have seen you write in multiple threads what you want to look like, That is a goal. What you need is the drive to work hard in the gym and to get your diet right. just stick to fadis program, work hard and you will see results.

Diet is all good, i think it just needs some tweaking.
I prob can set goals, but as shrek said i just dont know how to go about getting there. As for the working hard, I work hard for what I am doing, if i knew what to do to get stronger and bigger I would do them and apply the same hard working ethic to it. I am motivated I some days feel hyped about going to the gym, i get excited, i am like i am going to push hard i will get bigger, but obviously i dont do the right things to make it count.