• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

A cutting diet, what do you think

T

toasted

I am looking to start a cutting diet in the next few days and i came across this diet, can you let me know what you think and what if anything you would change.( i am thinking of changing the penut butter out for something different but i dont know what?)

All help appreciated.

Meal 1
6 egg whites
1 whole egg
2 oz grilled chicken
1.33 cup steamed spinach
4 tsp peanut butter or 12 almonds
6.5 oz PEELED ruby red grapefruit – splenda packets can be used to sweeten if desired
42g protein, 25g carbohydrates, 15g fat
Meal 2
6 oz grilled chicken breast or halibut/tilapia or Sirloin fillet or Tuna (albacore
packed/canned in water)+ 5g GlutaForm
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 cup steamed Broccoli or green beans or 8 oz steamed asparagus
42g protein, 10g carbohydrates, 15g fat
Meal 3
6 oz grilled chicken breast or halibut/tilapia or Sirloin fillet or Tuna (albacore
packed/canned in water)
1.5 cup steamed Broccoli or green beans or 12 oz steamed asparagus
2 tbsp peanut butter or 18 almonds
42g protein, 15g carbohydrates, 15g fat
Meal 4
packed/canned in water)
2 tbsp peanut butter or 18 almonds
Meal 5
packed/canned in water)+ 5g GlutaForm
18 almonds
Meal 6
packed/canned in water)
3 oz avocado or 18 almonds
6.5 oz PEELED ruby red grapefruit – splenda packets can be used to sweeten if desired
42g protein, 25g carbohydrates, 15g fat
Meal 7
5 oz grilled chicken breast or halibut/tilapia or Sirloin fillet or Tuna (albacore
packed/canned in water)
½ cup steamed Broccoli or green beans or 4 oz steamed asparagus
2 oz avocado or 12 almonds
35g protein, 5g carbohydrates, 10g fat

This is the Scivation cut diet. I have seen it before.
I would not change anything. If you don't want to eat penut butter, then eat the full ones or almonds.
Do not tinker with this diet. It has been designed like this for a reason.

::: Scivation Books :::

shrek, have you used this diet before or know some one who has.
also would this be the right amount to eat for a ~100kg guy? I will have a look at that website tonight. Thanks for the quick response shrek.

I have used it and it works well but requires a lot of dedication to eat the 7 meals at regular intervals and to have everything prepared.

100kg guy does not tell me much. Are you an endomorph, ectomorph or mesomorph? What is your BF percentage?
For example: If uo are an endomorph with high BF (15+) you need 28-31 cals/kg. If you have low BF (15-) then you require 30-33 cals/kg.

Follow the link I posted to the "Game Over" diet for full details.

Hi Shrek, i have just finished reading the book regarding this diet, i am going to start this tomorrow, need to go shopping first. Shrek do you think the bottled egg whites would be ok instead of fresh egg whites?

Yeah I guess so, but then you will have to get the extra omega 3 from supplementation.

I am currently taking fish oil tablets would this suffice?

Just factor them in to your total calorie count.
Remeber if you are having peanuts or fish that already have fats included taking extra fish oil contributes to your calorie count.

Iv used this diet a few months ago. Nice and easy to follow and no need to change anything imo. Just make sure you measure EVERYTHING! especially your fats.

But the diet is a solid one mate. And shrek is right, 100kg male is very vague. give a bf% and body type. I guess its all in the book though :)
Good luck with your cut.

Oh yeah, and frozen/packaged egg whites are fine. that is what i used. Tons easier/cheaper/quicker too! Personally i wouldnt worry about factoring in the calories from the fish oil caps. The diet doesnt count every single itty bitty calorie anyhow.

Isn't that a LOT of fat for a cutting diet...?

Obviously some people thrive on low carbohydrates, because that's where this diet is low.

This may be great for the last phase of the cutting weeks. As it relies on the Gluconeogenesis pathway for its fuel rather than deriving it though the Glycogenesis pathway, it has to be high in protein by necessity. Like I’ve always said; there’s a time and place for everything. It’s the art of timing that will make it or break it these days.

P-----287g……..1150------47%
C-----100g……..400-------16%
F-----100g……...900-------37%
Cal…………………2450

Fadi.

Apologies for the ignorance...but basically, when you're trying to lose fat, you increase your fat intake and decrease your carb intake? Sounds counter-intuitive to me...

I'll be starting a cut on December 1st for 3 weeks to get a little more defined for my overseas trip. Will going on a cut diet for 3 weeks do much?

Fadi, you should note that since the last time we spoke (about a month ago), I have gone from 73kg to 80kg, and lost quite a bit of definition. It's weird, I have gained 7kg, but not gone up a shirt size yet...(although, my shirts are getting a little tighter).

Apologies for the ignorance...but basically, when you're trying to lose fat, you increase your fat intake and decrease your carb intake? Sounds counter-intuitive to me...

I'll be starting a cut on December 1st for 3 weeks to get a little more defined for my overseas trip. Will going on a cut diet for 3 weeks do much?

Fadi, you should note that since the last time we spoke (about a month ago), I have gone from 73kg to 80kg, and lost quite a bit of definition. It's weird, I have gained 7kg, but not gone up a shirt size yet...(although, my shirts are getting a little tighter).

I started seeing good cut results around the 4 to 5 week mark.. every week after that you will notice changes every week.

You are increasing only good fats ( almonds, flax, olive, un sat fats) on the cut diet, this will assist with energy that you loss by consuming less carbs..

Good work adding 7kg... are you eating clean still?

I started seeing good cut results around the 4 to 5 week mark.. every week after that you will notice changes every week.

You are increasing only good fats ( almonds, flax, olive, un sat fats) on the cut diet, this will assist with energy that you loss by consuming less carbs..

Good work adding 7kg... are you eating clean still?

I'm eating "half clean" - I eat a LOT of carbs, and I'm going close to GOMAD (gallon of milk a day - I drink about 2.5 litres of skim milk). Eating plenty of protein and "good foods". I still spoil myself with junk / fast food one or two times per week. I'm going on holiday on the 19th, so I might start the cut in the 2nd week of November.

Skim Milk has much less calories than Full Cream milk. 2.5L of skim = ~875 cal vs 2.5L of Full Cream = ~1625 cal. If you are drinking Milk to get excess cals maybe Full Cream might be better?

Are you drinking skim to avoid fat?

Skim Milk has much less calories than Full Cream milk. 2.5L of skim = ~875 cal vs 2.5L of Full Cream = ~1625 cal. If you are drinking Milk to get excess cals maybe Full Cream might be better?

Are you drinking skim to avoid fat?

I'm using the skim milk as a protein supplement. As dangerous as this sounds, I'm trying to get 2.5 - 3 grams of protein per pound of body weight per day (so, about 450g per day).

1 litre of skim milk costs me $1.08, and has almost 40g of Protein in it (skim has more protein & less cholesterol than FC)
1 serving of a protein shake costs about $2.50, tastes like ass, and has 30g of protein in it :p

I get about 100g of protein from milk, and the other 300g from rice, pasta, bread, steak, tuna, and chicken.

I'm eating the hosue down, but avoiding fat. Intuitively, I was of the impression that "eating fat, made you gain fat", but I'm obviously mistaken.

That doesn't sound dangerous to me (protein intake) for quite a while I was consuming ~350g of protein a day which is over 4g of protein per KG. I was not doing this on purpose, it just came along with the calories and diet I was consuming.

skimmed the book, this diet looks way too hardcore for me, theres no cheat meals in 16 weeks. HARDCORE.

No need to apologies litebulb; you only need to apologies when you don't ask. To answer your question directly, the answer is yes it is counter-intuitive up to a point and at certain times.

What we are talking about here does not involve getting lean or very lean. Oh no; we are talking about a totally different ball game where fat levels are taken down to a stage that is way below what is considered normal or healthy. We are talking about that stage where the bodybuilder gets ripped to shreds. Is that normal? No thanks; not my cup of tea.

Remember the article I wrote on Ivan Stoitsov the Bulgarian weightlifter? That look is a normal healthy 10% body fat. How do I know? Because I looked the same when I was weightlifting and then as a bodybuilder...never going too low in body fat; just enough without trying.

ivan-stoitsov.jpg
34oewrr.jpg

You talk about gaining some weight and losing some definition; that's quite normal. After that stage becomes the hardening up. That occurs by you staying at 80kg and training smart whilst eating at maintenance calorie level. Muscles will get bigger and you lose fat. It's a slow process for some and a fast for others depending on metabolism speed. I'd concentrate on building muscles by training smart instead of losing fat by dieting. You also mention milk in another post, a large amount of milk and protein consumption. No need for either to be at an extreme level.

Intuitively, I was of the impression that "eating fat, made you gain fat", but I'm obviously mistaken.
Just bring your calorie down a bit and exercise properly and your body will take care of the rest. Don't play with your macros except to bring them all down proportionately. 25%, 33%, and 42%. That's P, F, and C. It's very close to a diet called the "zone diet" that is comprised of 30-30-40. Who cares, as long as we don't go to extremes and begin to panic about every minute detail; raising our stress hormone cortisol in the process and letting it have a free feed on our precious muscles.

The more you think about it the more you complicate it. Eat a balanced "diet" that covers all the essential nutrients and train smart (don't like the word hard). We can get into the specifics if you like Litebulb, just ask me a specific question and we'll take it from there...bit by bit (the puzzle comes together to reveal the masterpiece that is you).

PS: I've just realised something after writing all the above. I think I may have hijacked Toasted's thread for which I appologise. I thought it was litebulb thread. I didn't check the original post and just got busy with answering a question instead. Toasted, mate if you wish for me to delete all the above I will, not a problem.

Fadi.

Last edited: