• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Strong Man Comps

skidmark

Here's one for the QLD'ers (and anyone else interested too). Stole this post directly from another forum:

I was just flicking through the redland times when I saw this article about Marc Wells.

http://www.baysidebulletin.com.au/news/loc...le/1644693.aspx

I've met him before because he trains sometimes at the gym I go to and he is a big guy. watching him train is phenomenal.

found acouple of vids if your interested.

YouTube - SYDNEY09

YouTube - theosmetal's Channel

I'll probably have to get along to check this stuff out. There's an event on December 5 and 6th at Chandler which is just down the road from me. Should be good.

The Australia and New Zealand Strongman titles will be held at Springwood at the end of this month.

Does anyone know anymore about this? I live in Springwood and would like to check it out. The Oz Strongman site has no mention of it.

Thats the same date for the National Deadlift Comp, held every year simultaneously in every state, must be why QLD is not competing this year.

For 363 days of the year, no comps, then 2 the same day, unbelievable.

Mark, I know they previously had one in the Barra Bar (Dodgy pub) in springwood. One day I was at the bottle shop close by to get some beer and saw it going down and had a bit of a watch.

I dare say it might be in the same place again, we just need a date!!

Mark, I think it may have been held yesterday. I saw a post about someone placing second in the strongman comp at Springwood Hotel yesterday on powerlifters.com.au.

Here's one for the QLD'ers (and anyone else interested too). Stole this post directly from another forum:

I was just flicking through the redland times when I saw this article about Marc Wells.

http://www.baysidebulletin.com.au/news/loc...le/1644693.aspx

I've met him before because he trains sometimes at the gym I go to and he is a big guy. watching him train is phenomenal.

found acouple of vids if your interested.

YouTube - SYDNEY09

YouTube - theosmetal's Channel

I'll probably have to get along to check this stuff out. There's an event on December 5 and 6th at Chandler which is just down the road from me. Should be good.

Strong Lad.

I've done farmers walks with 100kg per hand and it felt like my arms were going to tear from the sockets. 135 is nuts!

And those atlas stone lifts. Serious functional strength!