• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Home Gym Setup - Help Please

A

angus

hey guys

im looking to setup some equipment for frequent workout at home, as a soccer player my legs are fit and I'm constantly doing sprints, jogs and walks to keep up the fitness.

now I'm wanting to work on my upper body and also some lower body too. ive seen the all in one style setups and i was thinking that might be the way to go.

any ideas of what to get? and at what price? im looking at a lower price range, would any ebay gear do the job?

cheers

The best thing about home gyms is that no one ever uses them.

You can get a bench and power cage off ebay/trading post/etc really cheap because they're heavy and take up lots of room so no one wants them.

all you need is a power cage and bench, plus weights and olympic barbell.

Try and get a cage that has the ability to include a pullup bar/dips but if you can't it's not the end of the world, you can still do towel pullups

Buy.

-A good power cage.
-7 Foot Olympic Barbell
-100kg of Weights. 2each of 20, 10, 5, 2.5. 1.25 should do the trick for a while.
-Depending on your budget, and how long you can see yourself using it, a good -Adjustable bench (~450), or a Cheapo flat bench ($90)
-4 Square meters of rubber matting.

always a few good deals floating around on ebay/trading post

Be careful from buying on ebay etc. alot of the gyms are made from bits and pieces. that is they grab a section and add it too another part or a different manufacturer. The problem is with that is that they may not fit together properly and or, they are not made from the correct heavy duty steel. If they break or fail, you cannot buy replacement parts.

Anyone living in Sydney, can go to York Barbells and Fitness Equipment in Minto, and buy direct from the manufacturer at wholseale prices. They might be ex demo stock, or sample gyms, but at least you are getting a gym that is warranted.

MightyTriby

i doubt i'd be buying off ebay , postage would be a prick of a thing to handle
can just imagine some guy walking into aussie post carrying the rig saying i would like to post this please