• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

comfortable body weight?

C

ChrisOX

does anybody feel uncomfortable being as heavy as they are with muscle mass and all round size?

2 years ago weighed in about 65-68kg i had good flexibility and speed as i was doing different martial arts and could do various flips and acrobatic stunts

now ive been lifting for nearly 2 years and i now weigh 75.5kg i have bit of fat i need to loose so i could probably drop to about 72kg but i feel a little bit too heavy for what i am comfortable with... Call it optimum weight for a certain purpose or just personal choice i feel like i might be more comfortable with more cut then size so i can get back into my old ways.

Not to say i dont love my new size and strength... but if i want to run and jump and kick and punch i should probably shred some size or do you think i should just get fitter and faster at my current size?

It depends on what exercises you used to get heavier. Max is only as heavy as you, having come from 51kg, and he is much faster and mobile than he was at 51kg.

Bodybuilders arent the most graceful creatures, nor do they have to be. Max has always trained for soccer, hence why his bench is so piss weak at 90kg, he never did it for the first year.

If you want to be like an MMA fighter, train like one. Too often I hear people say they want to look like a sprinter, but they never train like one.

Nobody has the right to tell you what you should look like. Pic a physique that you like, and train like him, just be careful what you wish for.

Chris is just beig soft. :D

Look at Bruce Lee Noobs, he was pretty light yet I don't think he would want to be bigger. Shorty as well, strong MOFO and light weight. Not everyone wants to be as big as they possibly can be.

Who cares about the scales? Some people pay way to much attention to scales.

Who cares about the scales? Some people pay way to much attention to scales.

Depends what the weight divisions are in his chosen style whether it be judo, BJJ, boxing etc they are all different - thats if Chris is competing. If not I agree with you, however I can see what Chris is talking about in regards to size and strength vs agility.

Chris, Ive had a similar problem and I chose to cut down size/weight to stay a middleweight - I was 3 kg's above the mark that put me in the heavyweights/open division. So I adjusted my weights progran, diet and did more cardio (20-30 minutes on the bike before breakfast in addition to what I was already doing). 83 Kgs vs 110+ kgs is no match if the big guys train properly. However I didn't lose my flexibility or speed from putting on weight in the first place due to adding more to flexibility training after workouts and not neglecting bodyweight exercises.
Im planning on going nuts after the November nationals and putting on weight so I can have a chance at doing well in the open divisions next year.

Im not going to pretend I know what you need, I think your instructor would have a better idea of what you need to achieve your goals in your chosen style than I can.

Last edited:
i need to be told what physique i need. i dont have the physique of anything worth while. i have the physique of a lard ass but i used to try and play soccer, footy, the gym... nothing works.

hey thanks fellas good info to keep me on point, now i know what i want and what i need to do.

The way I see your post your worried about your agility and flexibility being affected by the increase of muscle. First of all I would see increase of muscle as being a positive if what you were trying to achieve strength whilst being agile and flexible in whatever it is that you do.

To gain some of that flexibility back try stretching after every session, I usually do about 10 mins of stretching before and after a workout and although I cant kick anywhere near as high as when I was doing taekwondo I'd like to be flexible enough to touch my toes :) as far as agility is concerned, skipping and sprinting (HIIT) is a good way to inprove that area.

When I was playing basketball there was a guy that must have weighed in at over 150 kilos, now he was hugely obese, but man he was quick. He'd go up for a rebound run down the court and score, run back and do it all over again. Mind you he could have lost a few pounds which would have improved his endurance, he was agile though, no doubt about it.

Check Raz, the 160kg Olympic lifter.

Watch how fast he dives under 210kg snatches and 260kg jerks.

Incredibly fast and agile.

If you want to be faster, train for it.

I dunno, mate, my body is not standout in any way, good or bad, but the changes I've had have been gradual, so plenty of time to get used to them.

im just gonna run my arse off and keep up the hard yakka with the compound exercises cut the fat build up the fitness and ill be a very happy boy