• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

weetbix and calorie deficit

L

lazy

Instead of making two threads I'll just make one.

What are peoples views on weetbix, I noticed that this isn't even mentioned or included in diets.

Also, when your weight on reps increases should you also increase your calorie intake? I dont want to loose muscle but I dont want to add extra fat as well, currently 94k, 1.8m (5.9).
Current calorie intake is 1,600~1,800 calories per day, most of the time im sitting down -train , bus and at work.
I do part of Fadi's 2200 calorie intake diet which is the pre and post workout supplements and 4 eggs per day. Also I just started working out on tuesdays and friday(squats, dl, mp, bp), sat sun (everything else).

Generally most people will try to avoid things with added ingridients such as salt and sucrose.

Far out mate, that is a very low calorie diet. Are you trying to lose weight? What is your calorie intake like?

There are lots worse things than weetbix to eat. At least weetbix is low in sugar.

I have weetbix for breakfast. Its a good source of carbs to start the day. Also I like Nutrigrain aswell.

Far out mate, that is a very low calorie diet. Are you trying to lose weight? What is your calorie intake like?

Yeah, losing weight but recently im adding more calories.

Most of the time im sitting down so yeah under 1700 is how I lose weight without cardio but I feel weak at the gym and at the same time I wont to loose weight so it sux.

Weetbix is an awesome breakfast. I've been having 7 everyday for about 2 years now. Sometimes i wake up hungry and just cant wait to get some weetbix down my throat. Although i used to go on morning runs right after eating and the malt in the weetbix tastes like youre about to throw up while binge drinking lol.

So much nicer to hear people are once again eating weetbix rather than doing them.

"Brett Lee Does 9 weetbix" Hate that expression!

Weetbix is an awesome breakfast. I've been having 7 everyday for about 2 years now. Sometimes i wake up hungry and just cant wait to get some weetbix down my throat. Although i used to go on morning runs right after eating and the malt in the weetbix tastes like youre about to throw up while binge drinking lol.

I did try oatbrits the other day, it has a lot more fat and calories than weetbix.
During the morning I feel better having 8 weetbix than 6 or 5 oatbrits, its just more feeling.

Yeah, losing weight but recently im adding more calories.

Most of the time im sitting down so yeah under 1700 is how I lose weight without cardio but I feel weak at the gym and at the same time I wont to loose weight so it sux.

Hi lazy,

It Dosnt seem like your getting enough calories to be loosing fat ??

What are your current .. height, weight, etc and your goals?

Fadis 2200 plan is a complete approach, all things relative, i would suggest you would get much more more progress from following the 'whole' thing.

It is depending on your body weight, however i am sure your BMR is probably over 1700, therefore you need this amount just to function let alone any thing else..

MD

Have you tried just plain rolled oats? eg porridge... so quick and easy to make.. just add water and zap in microwave..

It is better for you than weetbix.. You can also mix in your supps, eg I add my vanilla whey ( 1 scoop), glutamine and flaxseed.. tastes awesome..

You can grab a kilo for around $1.00!