• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Do you recommend carb delepting/carb up for comps?

N

naturalboy

Do you recommend carb delepting and carb loading for your last week of comp prep. Three weeks ago was my first show and I used this method and believed i got amazing results. Tell me your opinions on this method

Got any pics mate? How did you go in your first show?

As for your question, I have no idea.

It went awesome Josh GTir came in round 5% want to try and get leaner next time mate. Didnt place but ill train harder for next year. As long i keep improving myself thats all that matters to me. Got a profile pic dont know if its big enough to see

You want lower than 5%? Damn, I didn't think that was possible.

Do you recommend carb delepting and carb loading for your last week of comp prep. Three weeks ago was my first show and I used this method and believed i got amazing results. Tell me your opinions on this method

Hi there Champion,

Please check reply #5 here for an idea of how I think about this whole issue...http://ausbb.com/nutrition-diet/9090-last-week-preparation-succeed-fail.html

That is not to say I'm against it; but it's something for you to ponder on. Thank you.

Fadi.

Last edited:

If it worked for you and you looked amazing don´t change anything that works.

/Mattias

Thank Fadi and Mattias for your reply and Fadi that was a very interesting read

Natural boy, i see you mentioned you competed? If you ever get time , would love to read your contest diet, if you could post?

i think carb depletion / loading has a major role in a bodybuilding show, photo shoots & other such activities. It comes down to how you did it.

When i did it earlier this year, my entire diet was pretty much the same till the friday before the shoot (the shoot was on saturday). That night i did a few interesting things, the morning of the shoot, for example i ate half a mars bar, some raspberry jam, a few rice cakes AND some peanut butter

pec&abs.jpg

Sorry about the thread hijack

It was cool having the veins poppin' out of my abs. Back in 05 i was quite overweight, so for me to look at this, makes me proud & motivated to do other things. I'm now putting a lot of time into powerlifting to see what i can do.

Pete, you should post that overweight pic so guys here can see how much fat you lost. It may rovide some inspiration / motivation to other members.