• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Strength pics - post up your favs

PTC

Post up your favourite strength related pics.

I'll start with my favourite

20.jpg

The guy squatting is Herc, he weighs 100kg in this pic. The guy spotting is my little brother. He has lifetime raw best lifts of

215kg squat
175kg bench press
115kg powerclean
133kg push press
300kg deadlift (belt)

Its not very often a 100kg man can be made to look like a child.

Dont be shy, post them up.

Whats writen on that wall?

Down this road, in a gym far away,
a young man was heard to say,
"no matter what i do, my legs won't grow"
he tried leg extensions, leg curls, and leg presses , too
trying to cheat, these sissy workouts he'd do.

from the corner of the gym where the big men train,
through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain
where the noise is made with big forty fives,
a deep voice bellowed as he wrapped his knees.
a very big man with legs like trees.

laughing as he snatched another plate from the stack
chalking his hands and monstrous back,
said, "boy, stop lying and don't say you've forgotten,
the trouble with you is you ain't been SQUATTIN'. "

Yeah. old school! Where hard work was normal & not the exception. I should add that gear was looked at differently...and was a different strength to what it is now

i really don't understand why some (and i mean some) bodybuilders complain about not being big (enough), then after a bit of investigation their weak as piss & have not even the faintest idea what their 1RM is. To make things worse, they swear by tricep push downs & hack squatting

i really don't understand why some (and i mean some) bodybuilders complain about not being big (enough), then after a bit of investigation their weak as piss & have not even the faintest idea what their 1RM is. To make things worse, they swear by tricep push downs & hack squatting
I'm glad you said some! lol

I watched a 10 min training video of Frank McGrath (My favourite) doing chest, He was loading it up 40kg at a time and I watched him doing sets on 60kg, 100kg, 140kg then up to 180kg... I was stunned!

Franco. An amazing athlethe who won at powerlifting, boxing, strongman and bodybuilding. Freak.

128404.jpg

franco-columbu.jpg

Nick, that bar weighs 180kg, not 280kg.

4 x 25, 2 x 15, 2 x 10, 2 x 5, 20kg bar = 180kg

Your thinking their are 4 x 25 on each side, theres only 2, thats a seam. Look at the thickness compared to the 15 and the 10.

Nice pic though