• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Extreme military press

PTC

extreme_military_press-www_ptc_frankston_com.jpg

This is Simon. Simon is very strong. Simon has poor form on most lifts. This is Simon attempting to powerclean 110kg. This is Simon moments before he falls backwards with 110kg landing on him. This is Simon minutes before he gets up and succesfuly powercleans 115kg.

The video is so scary I dont think I'll ever post it up. Everyone that watched it live will never forget it.

Simon is currently working on his powerclean form. He also benched 170kg and deadlifted 250kg on the day.

A friend made the "poster" of Simon.

I want to see this video! I am sure I have come very close to doing the same thing.

The video is horrifying, its from front on, the bar crashes on Simons legs after it smashes into his throat.

The line of pull needs to be straight up. Simon pulls back......into his throat.

Its not pretty.

The video is horrifying, its from front on, the bar crashes on Simons legs after it smashes into his throat.

The line of pull needs to be straight up. Simon pulls back......into his throat.

Its not pretty.

surely this is not lifting behaviour you encourage, which begs the question, why is he doing it (or allowed to do it)?!?

Last edited:
Because its a comp, and everyone wants to do their best.

Work on your form in training, when it comes to a comp you need to push yourself.

surely this is not lifting behaviour you encourage, which begs the question, why is he doing it (or allowed to do it)?!?

also, how do you post up your pics PTC?

do i sense sarcasm?? LOL

as said in a comp you push yourself to usually what has not been done before. its pretty easy to stuff up on a clean as they are a technical lift.
simon just pulled it back a bit to far. a mistake that im pretty certian he wont do again.

Poor bugga, id like to see the video as well. But damn having that on your throat. Brave man!

ALso how is he at the moment? Did he get hurt bad?

only the bruise where the bar landed. it didnt land on his throat. hit his leg as it bounced. just a bruise

was pretty scary to watch though, about 6 people dove forward to pull it off him when he crashed.

I'm guessing pistachio has never competed or attempted an all out effort.

He's not training, he's competing.

I have pics of 3 other lifters who fell over at the comp, Brendon, Shorty and Dave.

Amazingly, all 4 lifters who fell over smashed PB's and did far better than they thought.

I guess thats what effort does.

JW: The biggest myth is that you'll have perfect form when doing a rep max. If it's a true rep max, not a set of 5 reps but a 5RM, your form isn't going to be perfect. This is because it's a REP MAX. If your form was perfect, I doubt it was a true rep max or if you even tried that hard in the first place.

Thats from Jim Wendler. He may know a thing ot two about lifting.

01.jpg

I'm guessing pistachio has never competed or attempted an all out effort.

good guess :p

i understand the whole pushing yourself to break a PB, but surely when using a maximal weight you are most vulnerable to injury? ie. a little bit of cheating is to be expected as per the JW quote, but form such as that in the original post, isn't this dangerous?!

i'm just wondering what your opinion on this is, perhaps my initial post came across the wrong way

Simon has powercleaned 115kg prior. He has shocking form, because he trains like a bodybuilder, flyes, curls, all that gay crap.

He wants to be strong as well as big, so he started coming to PTC once a week, about 8 weeks out from the comp.

First priority was to fix his squat, I hurt my back WATCHING him. He managed 170kg, an okay effort, considering thats what he benched.

He has poor flexibility when it comes to cleans, its shocking. He does no clean training at his gay commercial gym.

On the day of the comp, he was pumped, it was his first comp and his first clean. Because of his poor flexibility, he cant catch the bar, so he pulled it into his throat, which sent him flying backwards, with 110kg landing on him.

He recovered and made 115kg, then later pulled 250kg. He was back at PTC 4 days later.

Whats interesting is that he has been asking me for a program to do at the Gay Palace. I explained he didnt need a program, he had plenty of strength, he just needed to fix all the gay stuff created by BB moves. He mocked me. I told him he had the worst technique of anyone at PTC. He laughed, thought I was joking.

He then goes and does that. He is listening now.

We have never had a comp at PTC where somebody hasnt fallen over. Nina competed at the 2007 CAPO powerlifting Nationals, and I watched an experienced record holder drop a 180kg bar on his chest during the BP. He damaged some ribs. He had been competing for 2 decades.

Get strong enough, s h i t will happen, I promise you.

Gay BB ****, and no practice on practical lifting, will leave you a lifting cripple.

At the comp, Simon beat Nick by 1kg. You could say they are evenly matched, Simon weighed a mere 600gms more.

If Simon competes at the Strongman comp in January, whick Nick should win again, Simon wont finish top 10, not even close.

So they both weigh the same, lift the same, same age, yet Nick is a 100,000% better athlete.

Who's training right and who's not?

I hope this post helps.

just looking at that, how the hell did he end up so far backwards?? What the hell? Who lifts like that??

Go and pull 110kg as high as you can modo, then report back as to how much effort is required.

You'll answer your own question.

i am saying this at risk of being fired at but the guy in the pic, he looks like the wank who trains at my gym, says he is hardcore bodybuilder, but goes out Saturday nights, gets drunk and does a 3am Maccas run, not to mention the post gym Maccas runs cause he is "bulking"... All after his hardcore leg workout of Standing Calf Raise Machine Squats (at around 80lbs) and throwing his legs around on the leg curls machine for about a minute and then doing the same on leg extensions, then deciding to use Pec Dec for 20 minutes followed by some bicep curls (purely because his girlfriend thinks he has nice arms and chest) and a flex in the mirror admiring himself in the singlet that is so tight that it shows off his beer belly.

Read the whole thread Modo.

It was a max effort and he was giving it his all. I almost fell over when I did the heaviest yet last week with a Power Clean, 70kg LOL!