• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Stupidly hard but effective program

PTC

Here is another stupidly hard but effective program. Its called "21's" but its not the bodybuilding thing your thinking about.

Lets say your 1RM on squats is 140kg

115kg x 5
117.5kg x 5
120kg x 5
122.5kg x 1
125kg x 1
127.5kg x 1
130kg x 1
132.5kg x 1
135kg x 1

The following session you start at 117.5kg and finish at 137.5kg, and so on. Starting weight goes up by 2.5kg each session, 9 sets total, 21 reps total. Continue until you fail. You WILL reset your 1RM doing this.

Who is this for? Not many on here would be up for it. You need to be very advanced. I dont like singles on novice lifters, they dont gain much.

Nick, Brendon and Shorty could do it, and a few others could build towards it. You need to train 2 lifts per session, 3 if your a mad man. Not recommended.

If your on holidays and can rest up, if you can eat a lot of food, if youre curious and can at least squat 140kg, as a bare mininum, have a crack.

Begin with 5kg UNDER your current 1RM, it gives you 2 sessions to adjust.

ive gotta start keeping copies of some of the programs/info you've been posting lately, i'll never be stuck wondering what i can try next.

Sounds bloody insane.Markos,Fadi, and anyone else,have you ever had any experience with devil/satan/hell/666 sets? 6 reps,6 sets,6 minutes?

Last edited:
That does look good, AND tough!

Depending on where my 1RM ends up, I may end up doing this next. Looks like it would be good on deadlifts as well.

Its actually brilliant on deadlifts, as they respond best to low reps, as do powercleans.

Its actually brilliant on deadlifts, as they respond best to low reps, as do powercleans.

Errm clarification please Markos;)Was that in response to my question or further comment on the OP?
Thanks.

Sounds bloody insane.Markos,Fadi, and anyone else,have you ever had any experience with devil/satan/hell/666 sets? 6 reps,6 sets,6 minutes?

A sample:

Monday - Chest & Abs

• Incline Barbell Bench Press, 6 sets x 6 reps
  • Flat Dumbell Bench Press, 6 x 6
  • Peck deck Flys, 6 x 6
  • Hammer Strength Incline Bench Press, 6 x 6
  • Ab Machine Crunches, 6x6

I’ve checked it out Zarkov. It’s not what you would call “hell” as far as the amounts of weight lifted is concerned. It’s required that you lift 80% of your 6RM, which is not a big deal in itself. But the crunch comes when you’re asked to take only 30 seconds break in between the sets; now that may make it hellish for some!

Also, the proponents of this are not crazy about having carbs before/during, or after training but protein instead. That's the other camp for you.

Put it this way; you've got to be fit to do this.

Fadi.

Here is another stupidly hard but effective program. Its called "21's" but its not the bodybuilding thing your thinking about.

Lets say your 1RM on squats is 140kg

115kg x 5
117.5kg x 5
120kg x 5
122.5kg x 1
125kg x 1
127.5kg x 1
130kg x 1
132.5kg x 1
135kg x 1

The following session you start at 117.5kg and finish at 137.5kg, and so on. Starting weight goes up by 2.5kg each session, 9 sets total, 21 reps total. Continue until you fail. You WILL reset your 1RM doing this.

Who is this for? Not many on here would be up for it. You need to be very advanced. I dont like singles on novice lifters, they dont gain much.

Nick, Brendon and Shorty could do it, and a few others could build towards it. You need to train 2 lifts per session, 3 if your a mad man. Not recommended.

If your on holidays and can rest up, if you can eat a lot of food, if youre curious and can at least squat 140kg, as a bare mininum, have a crack.

Begin with 5kg UNDER your current 1RM, it gives you 2 sessions to adjust.

Im in, Ive got 2 weeks off, and 1RM is 170+

MD

I'm not a fan of splitting bodyparts. For the most part people say its so they can train harder.

I find that the ones that do it are afraid of hardwork. Nobody wants to squat every session, but everyone wants to be strong.

I'm not a fan of splitting bodyparts. For the most part people say its so they can train harder.

I find that the ones that do it are afraid of hardwork. Nobody wants to squat every session, but everyone wants to be strong.

As far as I can recall, in my 44 years on this earth, I never once JUST moved my biceps; or triceps, or calves, or chest, or back, or shoulders, or legs for that matter...by themselves. It's not bloody natural and that is NOT how our body functions day in and day out. It's either all at once, or MOST of all the muscles coming to party at once.

So I couldn't agree with you more with your above statement Markos. Like you; all of me is invited to party!

Nobody wants to squat every session, but everyone wants to be strong.
Because they refuse to listen to people who know the meaning of the words cycle/periodisation I'm afraid Markos. Like I've said before, bodybuilders are so damn brainwashed by the FEEL of it all. I say go ahead with your feelings whilst we're busy getting strong and big!

Fadi.